Organization: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2016
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and has implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI has served governments, private sector companies and several donor agencies in the practice area of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including health, education, economic growth and democracy & governance.
IBTCI is looking for a National Cold Chain Expert for its Final Performance Evaluation of USAID’s Cold Chain Bangladesh Alliance (CCBA) project which falls under our contract for the USAID/Bangladesh-funded Accelerating Capacity for Monitoring & Evaluation (ACME) activity. CCBA is a three-year project, which started in July, 2013 and is being implemented by Winrock International, in collaboration with Golden Harvest. CCBA aims to establish Bangladesh’s first integrated cold chain in order to reduce post-harvest losses, deliver high value agricultural products to the market, and improve the availability of locally produced nutritious foods to improve livelihoods of farmers. CCBA is also aligned with the Government of Bangladesh’s (GoB) 6th Five-Year Plan and Feed the Future-supported Country Investment Plan (CIP) for agriculture, food security, and nutrition. The evaluation is expected to take place from April – May 2016.
The National Cold Chain Expert will be responsible for:
- Collecting background materials upon request by the evaluation Team Leader.
- Participating actively in the desk review of materials and assist the team leader in developing methodologies, work plans, and report outlines.
- Setting and conducting interviews with relevant stakeholders.
- Participating in team meetings, key informant interviews, group meetings, site visits, and draft the sections of the report relevant to his/her expertise and role in the team.
- Participating in presenting the report to the USAID/Bangladesh team and other major partners.
- Address pertinent comments provided by USAID/Bangladesh or other stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in Agricultural Science, Economics, Business Administration, Management and Marketing, or other related fields;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in the areas of agronomy and production, post-harvest technologies and management, commercialization of new and improved technologies, and/or private sector development.
- Knowledge of stakeholder engagement; developing partnerships and managing relationships with donors, NGOs, private sector, and government.
- Experience with market systems approach and value chain projects, preferably of USAID, is a strong asset; Experience in public-private partnership management is desirable.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong oral communications and writing skills in English.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of monitoring and evaluation.
- Bangladeshi citizenship required.
How to apply:
Please submit a detailed CV, cover letter, and 3 references under the respective job header at https://ibtci.devhire.devex.com/jobs.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb