Organization: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2016
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and has implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI has served governments, private sector companies and several donor agencies in the practice area of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including health, education, economic growth and democracy & governance.
IBTCI is looking for a Senior Value Chain/Market Development Specialist for its Final Performance Evaluation of USAID’s Aquaculture for Income Nutrition (AIN) project which falls under our contract for the USAID/Bangladesh-funded Accelerating Capacity for Monitoring & Evaluation (ACME) activity. Aquaculture for Income and Nutrition (AIN) is a five-year project, which started in September, 2011 and is being implemented by WorldFish Center, in collaboration with the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock, Government of Bangladesh (GOB). AIN aims to increase aquaculture productivity through the development and dissemination of improved fish and shrimp seed, enhance farm management skills of the smallholder farmers, promote new technologies to expand commercial aquaculture, and support policy reform and institutional capacity building. The evaluation is expected to take place from April – May 2016.
The Sr. Value Chain/Market Development Specialist will be responsible for:
- Assessing the effectiveness of value chains and will provide technical leadership in this area.
- Participating in team meetings, key informant interviews, group meetings, site visits, and draft the sections of the report relevant to his/her expertise and role in the team.
- Participating in presenting the report to USAID or other stakeholders
- Addressing pertinent comments provided by USAID/Bangladesh or other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in agricultural economics, aquaculture development, business management, marketing or any other applicable field.
- Minimum of 8 years of international experience in the areas of aquaculture value chain design, implementation, analysis and evaluation, business development, private sector and economic growth.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the latest developments in advancing good/best practices in aquaculture value chain development that reaches women, youth, and very poor.
- Background and understanding of aquaculture sector and value chain programs in South Asia is preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID regulations and systems including Evaluation Policy, Feed the Future performance monitoring guidance, evaluation guidance, gender policies and guidance & project management is preferred.
How to apply:
Please submit a detailed CV, cover letter, and 3 references under the respective job header at https://ibtci.devhire.devex.com/jobs.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb