Organization: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2016
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and has implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI has served governments, private sector companies and several donor agencies in the practice area of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including health, education, economic growth and democracy & governance.
IBTCI is looking for a Team Leader for its Final Performance Evaluation of USAID’s Cold Chain Bangladesh Alliance (CCBA) project which falls under our contract for the USAID/Bangladesh-funded Accelerating Capacity for Monitoring & Evaluation (ACME) activity. CCBA is a three-year project, which started in July, 2013 and is being implemented by Winrock International, in collaboration with Golden Harvest. CCBA aims to establish Bangladesh’s first integrated cold chain in order to reduce post-harvest losses, deliver high value agricultural products to the market, and improve the availability of locally produced nutritious foods to improve livelihoods of farmers. CCBA is also aligned with the Government of Bangladesh’s (GoB) 6th Five-Year Plan and Feed the Future-supported Country Investment Plan (CIP) for agriculture, food security, and nutrition. The evaluation is expected to take place from April – May 2016.
The Team Leader will provide overall leadership for the team:
- Finalize the evaluation design, coordinate activities, arrange periodic meetings, consolidate individual input from team members, and coordinate the process of assembling the final findings and recommendations into a high quality document.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of the key evaluation findings and recommendations to the USAID/Bangladesh team and other major partners.
- Brief the ACME COR, ACME COP and the CCBA activity manager on progress with the evaluation on at least a weekly basis, in person or by electronic communication.
- Quickly communicate any delays or complications to USAID/Bangladesh as early as possible to allow quick resolution and to minimize any disruptions to the evaluation. Identify & discuss emerging opportunities to strengthen the evaluation as they arise.
- Minimum Master’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline such as Economics, Agriculture, Business Administration, Management and Marketing.
- Experience in designing, implementing and evaluating USAID projects aiming at capacity development especially in private sector, cold chain or value added agriculture enterprises or agriculture credit sector
- Significant experience in program evaluation including knowledge of USAID Evaluation Policy and both qualitative and quantitative methods
- At least 15 years of experience in implementing and evaluating relevant programs and/or projects for USAID or other international development agencies.
- Significant experience in leading evaluation teams and preparing documents that are objective, evidence-based, and well organized.
- Familiarity with USAID regulations and systems including Evaluation Policy, Feed the Future performance monitoring guidance, gender policy, USAID Global Development Alliance (GDA), annual reporting etc. is essential.
- Experience working in with government, public administration improvements and infrastructure financing.
- Relevant experience in Bangladesh or South Asia preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communications and writing skills in English.
- Excellent coordination skills.
- Knowledge of Bangla is an asset.
How to apply:
Please submit a detailed CV, cover letter, and 3 references under the respective job header at https://ibtci.devhire.devex.com/jobs.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb