Organization: Program for Appropriate Technology in Health
Closing date: 04 May 2016
Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position, how you meet the requirements. Application materials must be submitted in English. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience.
This position is for one year with a possibility of extension. The position is located in our PATH office in Yangon, Myanmar. If not based in Yangon, the incumbent will receive roundtrip airfare to and from post.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health. PATH has been working in the Mekong region since 1980, with a permanent office established in Hanoi in 1997 and an office established in Myanmar in late 2013.
The PATH Mekong Program is currently implementing a broad portfolio of activities on a range of health issues. In Myanmar, these include nutrition through the introduction of fortified rice and immunizations and vaccines, including technical assistance to the government in the introduction of the Japanese Encephalitis vaccine. Future areas of work in Myanmar are likely to include sexual and reproductive health, maternal and child health, and malaria.
PATH is seeking to locally recruit a Senior Communications Officer to provide technical support to Myanmar project teams on internal and external communications, and to assist with business development. This position will report to the Myanmar Country Representative. Specific responsibilities include:
· Support the communications strategy for PATH’s program in Myanmar that includes printed material, web-based information, and prioritization of meeting and conference presentation/attendance;
· Coordinate the development and dissemination of information on PATH’s work in Myanmar to external audiences;
· Review and update information from Myanmar on PATH’s internal and external websites;
· Work with project teams to prepare and/or review donor and technical reports and other documentation in English, including correspondence;
· Provide guidance to project teams on the planning and coordination of project activities and work plans, particularly activities involving a communication or advocacy component;
· Assist with fundraising strategy, donor analysis, and technical desk research to support business development;
· Support preparation of concepts and proposals for new activities;
· Represent PATH at partner meetings, workshops and conferences.
· Ability to write both technical and non-technical documents in English; strong journalism or writing training a plus;
· Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team;
· Ability to handle multiple assignments and requests and prioritize accordingly;
· Fluent English speaker with excellent written and speaking skills.
· Advanced degree in public health, international development, communication, or journalism;
· 2 years work experience in health-related field;
· Experience working in multi-cultural environment; international travel experience a plus;
· Experience with fundraising;
· Experience writing in a range of styles and formats;
· Website development experience a plus.
How to apply:
Please apply through the PATH website at: http://bit.ly/1RMERUh
Read more here:: ReliefWeb