Organization: KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
Closing date: 03 Apr 2016
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The unit Resource Mobilization is responsible for mobilizing adequate resources to help secure sustainable and diversified funding needed to realize KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation’s strategic goals. This is executed in close cooperation with the Technical Division that is responsible for developing proposals, services and concepts to be submitted to institutional funders in- and outside the Netherlands. Furthermore the unit manages key donor relations to ensure that KNCV is capable to reach out to current and new funders.
The Head of Resource Mobilization (RM) is responsible for the strategic development and implementation of KNCV’s resource mobilization strategy. He is responsible for effective management of resource mobilization including intelligence and outreach activities with existing and new donors. He contributes to partnership building and donor relations to strengthen KNCV’s propositions to donors. He informs staff within KNCV with relevant information on resource mobilization opportunities and strategies.
The Head of Resource Mobilization reports to the board of directors. The Head of RM supervises the RM team and coordinates occasional proposal development teams.
The Head of Resource Mobilization is based in The Hague (the Netherlands).
Unit and People Management
· Develops the annual plan and budget of the unit and monitors the allocated budget
· Supervises team members
· Takes care of qualitative and quantitative establishment of his team
· Ensures proper execution of the HRM manual and adheres to the KNCV performance cycle
· Plans, coordinates and checks the activities and deadlines of the team
Result: The team is motivated and able do their work efficiently, effectively and professionally.
Resource Mobilization Strategy
· Develops the resource mobilization strategy including alignment with resource mobilization strategies at Central Office and country level
· Analyses new donors / markets and formulates discussion papers on what needs to happen to seize opportunities
· Advises the board of directors, MT and Directors Divisions/unit Heads on resource mobilization strategies, resource mobilization trends, key donor policies and opportunities
· Coordinates the identification, selection (PADT) and development of proposals and/or services to be submitted to donors
· Promotes a culture of innovation and service development in the organization
Result: The resource mobilization strategy is aligned with the organizational strategy and market opportunities.
· Advises the board of directors, MT and Directors Divisions/unit Heads on existing and new partnership opportunities
Result: New partnerships and opportunities for Resource mobilization are notified and brought to the attention of KNCVs stakeholders; existing partnerships are well maintained.
Donor management and intelligence
· Informs relevant internal stakeholders on donor policies and opportunities, and on approaches to link these to KNCVs resource mobilization strategy
· Ensures that effective strategies, tools and systems are in place to identify, analyze and track donor policies, priorities and funding opportunities
· Develops an effective system to link to KNCVs Technical and Operations Divisions with the aim of ensuring smooth information on KNCVs key achievements in key donor funded projects and programs
Result: KNCV is able to make informed decisions on donor strategies and funding opportunities in line with KNCVs resource mobilization strategy and based on solid intelligence from internal and external sources.
Internal Capacity Building
· Supports the skills development of KNCV staff in support of KNCV’s resource mobilization strategy
Result: KNCVs staff has the relevant skills and knowledge to develop funding applications.
· Advises the management (PADT) on the suggested set up of a proposal team
· Coordinates or supports hands on proposal teams where needed
· Monitors the progress of the development of proposals
Results: Proposal teams are fully operational for all proposals that are being developed and submitted.
Who are we looking for?
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
· Knowledge of relevant donors networks and/or sector partners
· Sound knowledge of donor policies, priorities and grant making/funding cycle
· Demonstrated experience in securing funds from institutional donors (multilateral, bilateral, foundations) in the field of international health and/or international development. Candidates with a proven track record with USAID will be preferred.
· In-depth knowledge of global, regional and/or country funding policies and trends and/or of managing grants
· Working experience in countries in development or transition
· Experience in negotiating and building partnerships/alliances
· Knowledge of and insight in the KNCV organization and its field of operations
· Proven track record in managing a team
· Advanced knowledge of relevant software applications
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
· Proficiency of Dutch will be definitely an asset.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
· A full-time (38 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract. Depending on funding and performance;
· An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
· A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
· The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
· KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
How to apply:
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to this specific post along with your resume /CV in strict confidence by email to Isabel Leal at email@example.com.
Documents must be submitted in English and in Word format. No other format will be considered. No documents other than those requested will be accepted at this stage.
CVs with photos will not be accepted in any case.
Please ensure that documents are sent with the titles “your name cover letter*”* and “your name CV” and state *”*KNCV – Head Resource Mobilization” in the email subject line. Please do let us know, in your covering email, where you found out about the post.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb