Organization: Qatar Red Crescent Society
Closing date: 18 Mar 2016
Scope of Work:
Assist QRCS Programs in the development of strategies, capacity building and implementation regarding M&E.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare a detailed M&E work program (including outputs) and budget for the projects, ensure that the M&E program continues uninterrupted and the quality is further improved.
- Create a reporting plan that evaluates progress in achieving project outputs and outcomes.
- Coordinate the preparation and implementation of the baseline survey, including the sample and control group selection and methodology.
- Coordinate the implementation of the seasonal assessment, summarizing the impact and achievements of the preceding growing season (for FSL projects), cross-cutting issues and recommendations, and updated project indicators.
- Prepare a training program for field staff in close collaboration with the technical supervision unit.
- Institutionalize the qualitative monitoring, in particular the development of beneficiary assessments.
- Propose and implement an innovative monitoring and reporting mechanism, including photo monitoring and personal stories of the beneficiaries.
- Review monitoring reports, analyze them for impact evaluation and identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation.
- Ensure that M&E activities are appropriate and take account of the evolution of the project and of stakeholders’ needs and capacities.
- Conduct special M&E studies as needed.
- Assist the Programs Department in QRCS in developing and implementing a communications strategy that supports the media with printed communications, photography and success stories for publication.
- Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with project staff, implementing partners and primary stakeholders.
- Hold regular internal meetings to reflect on project activities and gather opinions on future developments for feedback to project management.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Head of Programs Department.
People (Staff Management)
- Prepare Capacity Building (CB) plan for the M&E work.
- Recommend suitable professional M&E training for all project staff, and provide training where possible.
- Organize (and provide) refresher, basic and advance trainings in M&E for project and implementing partner staff, local organizations and primary stakeholders.
- Ensure that staff and implementing partners are receiving adequate support to be able to implement their M&E functions and that data collection and analysis is on schedule and providing useful information to the end-users. In consultation with the users, make recommendations for adaptation, if needed.
- Internal Contacts: QRCS Programs Dept. Staff in addition to project staff.
- External Contacts: Implementing Partners, Beneficiaries and users.
Education, Experience & Training:
- Qualifications: Bachelor degree in economics, management, development, social sciences or related disciplines.
- Experience: At least ten-year project-based monitoring and evaluation experience. )NGO experience will be preferable).
- Ability to work in a team.
- Experience in establishing or strengthening monitoring and evaluation capacity.
- Proven capability in leading and conducting monitoring and evaluation within different sectoral contexts.
- Ability to introduce and negotiate change in a very traditional structure and come up with innovative appropriate solutions for the current Syrian conditions.
- Excellent communication skills, speaking and writing in English essential.
- Ability to work with different stakeholders to achieve a unified vision.
- Advanced Computer skills & MS office. Duty Station: Turkey- Gaziantep
How to apply:
HOW TO APPLY:
If the above meet with your profile Please send your CV & Cover letter, in English Only to firstname.lastname@example.org,
with the subject Ref: M&E Specialist
Please note that the position might be filled before the AM deadline date and only shortlisted will be contacted.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb