Organization: Save the Children UK
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 09 Mar 2016
Salary: £36,000 – £39,000 pa
Fixed Term until November 2016 with the potential for extension
We are looking for an experienced individual to join us as Evidence, Effectiveness & Accountability Adviser and improve the effectiveness and accountability of Save the Childrens emergency response programmes, through developing and supporting consistent, coherent and practical Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) tools and approaches.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Humanitarian department integrates emergency and development work, through our country programmes. It increases our capacity to meet the assistance and protection needs of children and their families affected by crises. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As the Evidence, Effectiveness & Accountability Adviser you will be expected to deploy at short notice in a MEAL capacity to coordinate needs assessments and set up and manage processes to support effectiveness and accountability of response programmes. In addition you will:
- Review proposals and budgets for STC UK to ensure MEAL content is appropriate and in line with standards and policies
- Engage and actively support sector-wide initiatives in MEAL
- Conduct orientation and training for humanitarian department staff on MEAL standards and tools
- Support the Humanitarian Technical Adviser in the development and use of practical tools to ensure better standard relating to effectiveness and accountability.
To be successful you will have significant experience of working in a programme management department in the humanitarian sector. You should also have a demonstrative understanding of child-focused approaches to monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning in development or humanitarian contexts. In addition you will have:
- Significant experience of planning and undertaking evaluations in humanitarian context
- A flexible and initiative-taking attitude with the ability to manage and prioritise an unpredictable workload
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to provide practical solutions to operational challenges
- Demonstrable understanding of quality, effectiveness and accountability initiatives in the humanitarian sector
- Excellent verbal and written communications and relationship building skills in order to deal tactfully and sensitively with a wide range of people in a large organisation.
At Save the Children our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 9th March 2016
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb