Organization: Handicap International
Closing date: 09 Mar 2016
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission.
For more details on the association: www.handicap-international.fr
Handicap International has 2 Directions:
- The Humanitarian Action Direction (DAH)
- The Developpement Action Direction (DAD)
The intervention of HI in Yemen consists in the support of health structures (hospital, rehabilitation services) and communities in Sana’a and possibly in the countryside with the deployment of teams setting up
- Rehabilitation activities: provision of assistive devices and specific trainings to health staff
- PSS activities to support injured persons and their caregivers
- Mainstreaming of inclusion and vulnerability within coordination forums and providing technical support to other humanitarian stakeholders.
- Support and coordinate the provision of training to the psychosocial workers through direct provision of formal training, supervision and practical analysis.
- Providing continuous technical support to the rehabilitation and psychosocial worker staff in its field of expertise
- Providing technical support to the logistics department in your field of expertise, ensuring technical validation of psychosocial related devices; items and equipment
- Designing technical tools, trainings, leaflets, protocols and other relevant documents and disseminate them among the mission upon prior validation by HQ Technical Advisors
- Technical support in the project implementation (definition, planning, monitoring and evaluation)
- Support in recruitment of psychosocial national staff and self-care consultant
Representation and external coordination :
- Representation of HI towards local authorities
- Participation in all kind of coordination meetings from Amman (Government meetings, clusters, working group)
- Report any relevant information related to Psychosocial matters to relevant stakeholders
- Direct coordination with MHPSS actors in bilateral
Program strategy (in close link with the Specific needs PMs, and Program Coordinator):
- Analysing psychosocial existing resources (facilities, HR, level of education, equipment,…) and needs in order to define the strategy together with the Program Coordinator, with the inputs of the PMs
- Ensuring the technical relevance and quality of HI intervention related to your field of expertise
- Ensuring delimitation of the emergency psychosocial intervention
- Ensuring comprehensive approach and coordination with the rehabilitation and inclusion staff
- Ensuring coordination and coherence of our intervention amongst local and international actors, avoiding duplication and promoting complementarities
- Participating in continuous psychosocial needs assessments for new projects to be developed/adaptation of the existing projects
- Participating in the proposals writing on technical aspects.
- Review monthly the technical situation report (SITREP) in order to validate and analyse the relevant data related to your activities (statistic, review monthly objectives, etc.)
- Support in writing donor reports: monthly, intermediate and final reports
- Provide a handover/end of mission report
- Debriefing at HQ at the end of your mission.
PROFIL REQUESTED :
- Degree diploma in Psychology, Psychosocial or Social Sciences.
- At least 4 years of experience in Psychosocial field
- Experience of training and technical supervision in field of Psychosocial support with NGOs, preferably in emergency context
- A previous experience in rehabilitation is a plus
- A previous experience in the field of vulnerability/disability in emergency situation with INGOs is a plus
- Experience in the region would be a strong asset
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Ability to work under high pressure
- English mandatory (oral and written)
- Arabic an asset
- Salaried or volunteer contract according to the experience of the candidate
- Starting date: 09/03/2016
- Length of the assignment : 6 months
How to apply:
To apply, please follow this link : https://hi.profilsearch.com/recrute/fr/fo_annonce_voir.php?id=1328&idpartenaire=136
Read more here:: ReliefWeb