Posted by: OneJustice
San Francisco, CA, US
OneJustice is a nonprofit legal organization that brings life-changing legal assistance to low-income Californians by transforming the civil legal aid system. We support a statewide network of 100+ nonprofits, as well as law firms, corporate legal departments, and law schools, in delivering free civil legal assistance to low-income and underserved Californians, including veterans, seniors, families, children and youth, and low-wage workers. We have two core program areas: (1) Healthy Nonprofits, which provides coaching, consulting and resources on nonprofit management to the boards, executives and leaders of legal services nonprofits, and (2) Pro Bono Justice, which builds innovative and effective pro bono projects with law schools, firms, and businesses around the state. More information about OneJustice is available at one-justice.org.
Position Description: Operating out of OneJustice’s San Francisco office, the Development Associateis a member of the Development & Communications team, which consists of the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of External Relations, and the Development & Communications Associate. The Development Associate reports to the Director of External Relations.
OneJustice is an entrepreneurial nonprofit in a high growth. The Development Associate will be a key player in achieving our regional and statewide fundraising goals. This position is ideal for a candidate who would like to launch a career in development and pursue professional growth in a highly supportive environment at a dynamic and strategic organization.
Management of Donor Database
- Lead staff of OneJustice’s donor database, Bloomerang.
- Responsible for recording all donations, generating acknowledgements, and overseeing the maintenance and integrity of donor information.
- Oversee the daily/weekly Bloomerang updates by staff team for accuracy.
- Pulling information out of the system in support/at the request of the rest of the Development team.
- Reconcile Bloomerang reports with accounting reports from QuickBooks on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for global changes, clean ups, and database appending procedures.
- Develop expertise in creating reports, maintaining reports, and producing database queries.
- Work directly with Bloomerang’s customer support center on issues of performance and errors.
- Provide support and training for the entire organization on the usage of Bloomerang.
Donor and Corporate Relations Support
- Provide support to the Development Team on seasonal fundraising campaigns, including planning, preparing, tracking, and executing all mailings and collateral.
- Assist with annual calendar of solicitation and stewardship efforts with individuals, corporations, and law firms.
- Assist with monthly status reports on funds requested, projected, and received, as well as customized queries as needed.
- Assist with Advisory Board Meetings and provide logistical support to Director of External Relations before and after meeting.
- Manage portfolio of Major Donors and assist the Major Gifts team with donor stewardship.
- Assist with OneJustice’s annual fundraising gala, which consists of an awards presentation, silent and live auction, and roughly 300-350 attendees. Primary duties include:
Generate donor report for sending invitations and complimentary tickets
Accurately track RSVPs in a timely fashion
Manage master RSVP spreadsheet to be imported into our event management system, BidPal
- Other Events: support Development team on organizing OneJustice “friend-raiser” events in the Bay Area and Los Angeles, including managing all logistics with event hosts, tracking invitations and registrations, and working with the Development Team to ensure successful events.
Special Project: Legal Services Funders Network
OneJustice provides staff support to the Legal Services Funders Network (LSFN) in the Bay Area – a dynamic group of foundations, individual donors, and law firms all interested in increasing the number of foundations that understand the important role civil legal aid has to play in addressing poverty and other societal problems.
- The Development Associate will provide support to LSFN through maintenance of the website, providing logistical support at meetings, participate in filming of training modules, and providing general support for LSFN’s special events.
- Daily processing of mail and checks: making check copies, entering information to database, delivering mail to appropriate staff member.
B.A. or B.S.
Experience with fundraising databases and software preferred
Must demonstrate proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and data entry
Demonstrated accuracy in alpha/numeric data entry
Excellent eye for detail
Previous event management experience preferred
Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
Demonstrated ability to think strategically, problem solve and manage multiple tasks concurrently
Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Requires minimal travel within the state and willingness to work nights and weekends when necessary
* Competitive salaries $30,000 – $34,000 (DOE) and generous benefits
* A 35-hour work week: office hours are 9:00-5:00
* Opportunity to learn the legal services landscape in California
* Ongoing performance evaluations and organizational culture of professional development
* Training for all required tasks
* Supportive team-based environment within a high-volume workplace