Posted by: TSP
Mumbai, State of Mahārāshtra, India
Founded in 2003, Reach to Teach (R2T) is a leading UK based educational charity striving to meet the needs of rural disadvantaged children. The mission of R2T is to transform the lives of children by bringing effective and sustainable primary education to remote and rural communities. R2T believes education provides a foundation to enable people to create better lives for themselves and their communities. R2T provides funding and its team of leading primary educators work with local NGO partners and the State to develop and deliver high quality rural education programmes. It brings a unique approach based on global best practices and latest research on education, focusing on the following five main areas:
(a) Teacher training
(b) Teaching and learning skill development,
(c) Teaching materials development,
(d) Education assessment
(e) School governance and pupil attendance.
Reason for Hire:
Reach to Teach India is looking to hire an experienced professional as an Education Program Manager for their India operations. The individual will be responsible for the educational success of the programs. She/he will work closely with the education team and will need to demonstrate knowledge of educational systems, practices & resources, developing the education planning, resource products and implementing the necessary monitoring and evaluations framework.
Reach to Teach seeks a dynamic individual with strong team management and partnership skill having a blend of knowledge and experience of developing and implementing education programs. The individual should have the diplomacy and ability to build lasting relationships with both senior members and teaching staff in India. The role is an exciting one, and will shape the future model that Reach to Teach wants to deploy in Gujarat and other States of India.
Responsibilities and Results:
- Steering the education program delivery on a day to day basis
- Identifying training needs and supporting the delivery and design of teacher training programs
- Implementing the necessary monitoring and evaluation framework so as to understand the success, quality and output of the programs
- Ensuring accuracy and timeliness of data
- Supporting R2T’s relationship with NGO partners
- Supporting R2T’s knowledge of leading techniques and practices in primary education
- Sharing in, demonstrating and supporting the vision of Reach to Teach
- Building a strong, positive team culture and managing education team
- Building, strengthening and sustaining strategic partnerships with partners and stakeholders
The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- A B.Ed or graduate in any relevant subject with a qualification in teaching; with minimum 7- 10 years of experience of which at least 2 years experience should have been in a managerial or administrative role.
- Thorough knowledge of the National and State Curricula, pertinent national education and assessment strategies, in order to effectively meet the needs of all children.
- Proven past experience of managing programs including planning, designing, training and budget management skills.
- Successful senior managerial experience, including past experience of leading and managing teams.
- ICT literate and to be able to apply this to manage communications and work plans.
- Have a clear understanding of inclusion issues and an awareness of how to cater to individual needs; particularly children from marginalized groups (ethnic, linguistic, social).
- Information technology skills
- Prior working experience in Western Indian States with knowledge of speaking in Gujarati
Read more here:: Idealist