Posted by: New York City Campaign Finance Board
New York, NY, US
The NYC Campaign Finance Board (CFB), a nonpartisan, independent city agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections, seeks an Independent Expenditures Analyst/Liaison for its Special Compliance Unit. Pursuant to powers granted to it by the City Charter in the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision in Citizens United, the CFB has implemented rules concerning the disclosure and identification of independent expenditures in municipal elections. We offer a team-oriented work environment, training, the opportunity to work on cutting edge campaign finance issues, and excellent benefits.
- Conduct outreach to individuals and organizations that may be subject to the disclosure requirements.
- Provide guidance to and conduct trainings for independent spenders regarding compliance with campaign finance regulations and use of the Independent Expenditure Disclosure System.
- Analyze disclosure reports for compliance with applicable laws, rules, and policies.
- Conduct internal and external research regarding complaints and potential violations.
- Work with other staff as needed on related campaign finance issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Public speaking experience and the ability to deliver effective presentations.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Strong computer and internet search skills.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of work or internship experience; or a satisfactory combination of education and experience.
- Background or demonstrated interest in campaign finance issues.
- Previous experience working on political campaigns a plus.
- New York City residency must be obtained within 90 days of starting the position.