Posted by: Education for the Children Foundation
Jocotenango, Departamento de Sacatepéquez, Guatemala
Job Title English Teacher
Location Jocotenango, Sacatepéquez
Type Full time, initially until October 31, 2016
Hours of Work 07:45 – 16:00 Mondays to Fridays
Education for the Children Foundation (EFTC)
Founded in 2003, EFTC is a registered charity in Guatemala, the UK and US. EFTC works in partnership with disadvantaged families, children and young adults in Guatemala to ensure they develop the tools they need to break free from the cycle of poverty and empowerment.
EFTC’s School of Hope, founded in 2005, is currently in the process of developing a fully bilingual academic programme (Spanish/English) that offers children and young adults the opportunity to study from reception through to junior high. For graduating students, EFTC offers a full scholarship to study a course of choice until entrance to employment.
We are looking for:
- Experienced English Teacher for Kindergarten.
- Proficient or Advanced level of Spanish.
- Team work oriented.
- Communication and solving problems skills
- Socio emotional stability.
- Understand and respect Guatemalan culture and the background of the population of our school community.
- Preferably in the Guatemalan area already as immediate start. If not, must be willing to relocate immediately.