Posted by: UP Education Network
Boston, MA, US
Manager of Talent Programs
At UP Education Network, we seek to rapidly transform chronically underperforming district schools into extraordinary schools that sustain high achievement over time. To achieve our mission, we must build a world-class team of educators by identifying, developing, and retaining motivated early-career teachers and provide robust development and leadership opportunities for our experienced team members. As the Manager of Talent Programs, you will shepherd more than 20 promising new educators through world-class teacher preparation and contribute to identifying our network’s best people for leadership and development opportunities.
As the Manager of Talent Programs, you will lead the implementation of the UP Teaching Fellows program, a premier new teacher development pathway run in partnership with the Sposato Graduate School of Education. Importantly, you will oversee the transformation of the UP Teaching Fellows program from a pilot in two schools to a fully operational teacher development program across all of our schools in Eastern Massachusetts. You will also manage or support other critical work streams, including implementation of performance evaluation and using that data to inform potential educator career pathways. To accomplish this important work, you will work closely with members of the UP Talent and Academic teams, teachers and school leaders, and external partners, and will report to the Director of Talent Policy.
Lead implementation of the UP Teaching Fellows program (65%):
- Support the design of a scalable and sustainable program model that prepares early career educators to quickly become highly effective teachers.
- Onboard new Fellows, motivating and preparing them to begin an exciting year of student teaching in urban schools.
- Build strong, long-lasting relationships with new and prospective Fellows, coaches, and partners at the Sposato Graduate School of Education through proactive and effective communication and coordination.
- Ensure a high-quality fellowship experience by regularly monitoring and responding to quantitative and qualitative program data and gathering feedback on program implementation, including regularly meeting with Fellows.
- Lead outreach to prospective Fellows.
- Collaborate with the Recruitment team to design and execute the Fellow applicant selection process, including application review, cultivating applicant relationships, and coordinating and participating in interviews and demo lessons.
- Report regularly on program successes, challenges, and revisions using accurate and detailed data analysis.
Manage and support other critical Talent work streams, such as (35%):
- Coordinate selection of Master teacher applicants.
- Research and support additional teacher talent pipelines or internal career development pathways.
- Troubleshoot performance evaluation implementation with school leaders.
- Analyze and identify trends in performance evaluation data across UP schools and roles.
- Contribute to other Talent program and policy development as assigned.
- A passionate belief in UP Education Network’s mission, values, and educational model.
- An eagerness to set ambitious, challenging, and tangible goals, and a relentless drive to achieve them.
- Demonstrated success managing a project from start to finish, including goal setting, evaluation of outcomes, and course correction.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to gather, interpret and analyze data and provide valuable insights and suggestions.
- An ability to embrace ambiguity and remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, while remaining focused on your core responsibilities.
- Minimum 2-5 years of work experience in an education context required; teaching and project management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Current authorization to work in the United States by first day of employment.
This position falls into UP Education Network’s Manager starting salary band, with salaries beginning at $60,000 and the potential for an annual performance-based bonus. Additionally, UP offers medical insurance coverage that subsidizes the majority of the employee, spouse/domestic partner, and child premiums. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, professional development, and a 403(b) plan.
About UP Education Network
UP Education Network manages and operates five schools in Boston and Lawrence, MA. We serve 2,600 elementary and middle school students. UP is invited by local school districts to restart chronically underperforming district schools as UP Academies. Each UP Academy shares the same mission: to ensure that students acquire the knowledge, skills, and strength of character necessary to succeed on the path to college and to achieve their full potential. In fall 2016, UP will launch its sixth turnaround school in Springfield, MA as a part of the Springfield Empowerment Zone Partnership.
UP Education Network is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or qualified job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by applicable law. This policy extends to, but is not limited to, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, training and termination.