Posted by: ConwayStrategic
Washington, DC, US
Do you love racial, economic and reproductive justice? Do you eat the news for breakfast, and take to social media when you see injustice? If so, you should consider joining the team at ConwayStrategic!
To develop innovative communications strategies, to understand and change public opinion, and to help progressive coalitions change culture and change policy, we are currently seeking an Operations Manager and Executive Assistant who can help our team get the job done. We are ten talented, driven, curious people who have a can-do attitude, approach work with vigor and determination, learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment – and we are looking for more of the same. We have a collaborative, no-drama work setting, in which we respect each other’s work-life balance while doing what it takes to get the job done.
Our new Operations Manager and Executive Assistant must be super organized, friendly, nurturing, and enjoy helping people. This person is responsible for the organization and coordination of an extremely busy CEO, as well as the coordination of office operations so we run effectively and efficiently. General responsibilities include the ability to manage office functions, assisting senior staff and others in the effective functioning of the organization, supporting communications and media work, managing personnel/human resource functions, administration, maintain office procedures and the overall organizations of the office.
Office Management and Organizational Operations
- Manages logistics for client meetings and conferences, including arrangements for conference rooms, catering and technical needs associated with in-house meetings; assists with meetings as needed outside the office; on-site meeting management as needed.
- Support preparation of reports, memos, letters using word processing, spreadsheet, database or presentation software; proofread support as requested.
- Assist with onboarding and exiting employees and sub-contractors.
- Coordinates office policies, operations, and procedures as necessary;
- Maintain organizational online filing systems, timesheet systems, and other organizational infrastructure. Handling incoming and outgoing mail.
- Contact database (CRM) maintenance.
- Serve as point of contact for external operations vendors for IT, telephone, corporate credit cards, travel, etc.
- Oversees preparation of invoices, working with client directors to ensure accurate and timely invoicing, timesheet submission, and monthly reports on client time.
- Support bookkeeping (copies, scanning, etc.); maintain spreadsheets.
- Provide banking support, i.e., bank deposits, maintenance of accounts, etc.
- Assist with account setup to meet employer state legal compliance requirements; assist with tasks required to obtain business licensing and insurance.
- Perform additional tasks as requested.
Executive Assistant responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining organization and flow of the President’s day to day tasks
- Heavy calendar management, including individual meetings, calls and group conference calls. Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Supports relationships with clients, funders, coalition partners and others. Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Coordinate CEO travel arrangements.
- Receive and screen visitors and occasional telephone calls; responds to phone and e-mail requests.
- Reconciles president’s monthly expenses.
- Coordinate staff meetings.
- Prepares, proofreads, edits, distributes and maintains documentation and information, correspondence and mailings. Support preparation of briefing materials, client presentations, talking points, document formatting and editing as needed.
- Assist with grant proposals and reports.
- Other duties as needed to assist with running the business.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility, and the ability to perform well under pressure.
- Proven organizational skills, efficient, meticulous attention to detail and quick-learner.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is a must.
- Comfortable with technology and making IT solution recommendations.
- QuickBooks experience a plus.
- A positive attitude, high energy, confident, with polished and professional demeanor; demonstrated initiative, versatility, integrity and interpersonal skill; strong work ethic.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive situations with poise and diplomacy.
- Able to work both independently and as a member of a team; enjoy working in a highly interactive environment.
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English; Spanish a plus.
- Salary — Commensurate with experience and skills.