Posted by: American Civil Liberties Union
New York, NY, US
Temporary Part-Time Opportunity:
Email Marketing & Web Producer
American Civil Liberties Union
Membership Department, NY
Location: NYC Office or Remote
For nearly 100 years, the ACLU has been our nation’s guardian of liberty, working in courts, legislatures, and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach. With more than a million members, activists, and supporters, the ACLU is a nationwide organization that fights tirelessly in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C., for the principle that every individual’s rights must be protected equally under the law, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or national origin.
The purpose of the role is to work closely with the Associate Manager of Online Marketing Production to provide production support to the online fundraising team within the Membership Department. The individual will work either in our New York City office or remotely 16-24+ hours a week through March 31, 2017, outside of November and December when workload increases 35 hours per week is required.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Code, populate and test HTML/CSS emails.
- Create web graphics.
- Create landing pages such as donation forms, petitions and pages.
- Engage in quality assurance measures.
- Assist in our eCRM migration process.
- Assist with the creation of email performance reports.
- Other projects as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience using eCRM technology—ideally SalesForce, Drupal, and Springboard.
- Experience with email marketing platforms, preferably StrongView.
- Strong knowledge of hand-coding responsive emails using HTML & CSS.
- Experience generating forms and pages and creating dynamic content in emails.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite (especially Photoshop and Dreamweaver) and Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel).
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device testing.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of working with large data sets.
- Experience in online marketing and online fundraising for nonprofits preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to: HRJobsMEMUTemp@aclu.org -reference Temp Email Marketing & Web Producer in the subject line. Please indicate in your email where you learned of this career opportunity.
This description does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact:firstname.lastname@example.org. Correspondence sent to this email address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above regarding how to apply.
The ACLU comprises two separate corporate entities, the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation. Both the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation are national organizations with the same overall mission, and share office space and employees. The ACLU has two separate corporate entities in order to do a broad range of work to protect civil liberties. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “ACLU.”