Posted by: Girls Educational & Mentoring Services, Inc.
New York, NY, US
Position Summary: The TIL Residential Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the TIL residence; ensures proper maintenance of the site and is responsible for overseeing that staff and residents adhere to the guidelines established by funding source and GEMS.In collaboration with the Residential Director coordinates all activities of the residence, including staff supervision and will act as community liaison whenever required by the Chief Program Officer and/or Residential Director.
Tasks and Responsibilities: This statement of duties is for purpose of identifying this position but it is not limited to:
- Ensure safety of residents and promote confidentiality. Comply with all Runaway and Homeless Youth and DYCD regulations.
- Perform intake interviews and assist with client treatment plan development, implementation and discharge planning.
- Maintain constant oversight of the residence and maintain a visible presence on a daily basis. Be available as needed to address all questions, issues and concerns.
- Facilitate daily life skills and independent living groups/workshops.
- Set and contribute to a safe, dignified, orderly atmosphere by enforcing program rules, policies, and procedures as well as through observing stated grievance policy. Serve as a role model – guiding and empowering clients and facilitating appropriate behavior and constructive time management.
- Ensure the safety of participants by limiting access to facility to participants, staff, and authorized visitors and service providers.
- Participate in main office events, staff meetings and collaboration with all GEMS staff and members.
- In collaboration with the Residential Operations Manager conduct inspections in the residence and throughout the grounds.
- Monitor that garbage and/or snow has been properly handled
- Attend meetings as required by GEMS including bi-weekly Managers meetings.
- Manage supervision and support of TIL residents.
- Manage Residential Counselors shift coverage and “on-call” schedule.
- Manage and supervise Residential Counselors and make recommendations to the Residential Director for staffing needs: hiring, discharging, performance review and promoting.
- Manage records, files, monthly/quarterly/yearly reports, correspondence and statistics; complete necessary documentation (both hand-written and computer based/data entry) in a timely, accurate, complete and legible manner. May include, but not limited to: notations in the TIL log, bed roster, incident reports, late arrivals, sign-in sheets, referrals;
- Manage the distribution of funds for TIL use and maintain accurate records.
- In collaboration with Residential Director manage emergencies including contacting appropriate staff, maintaining “on-call” schedule, interacting with police, fire and medical personnel as needed;
- Manage and promote the cooperative, harmonious, teamwork environment GEMS strives to promote within the workplace.
- Manage and promote an atmosphere of dignity and respect in line with the philosophy and policies of Girls Educational and Mentoring Services.
- Attend to weekly supervision meeting with the Residential Director
- Manage all complaints and incidents in a prompt and courteous manner. Work directly with the Residential Director to handle complex and difficult incidents.
- Manage residence staff meetings as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required in social work or related field of study; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of prior experience working with youth required.
- Housing management experience preferred.
- Sensitivity to the needs of runaway and homeless youth.
- At least 3-5 years of prior experience coordinating a residential setting, preferably for youth.
- At least 2 years of prior experience working with mental health-related issues, substance abuse, domestic violence, HIV/AIDS-related issues, and/or crisis intervention techniques.
- At least 2-3 years of experience managing staff
- Possession of a valid NYS driver license preferred
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate small group process.
Attention to Detail
Attitude Toward Others
Excellent written and verbal communication
Project/Task and Goals Focus
Respect for Policies
GEMS Core Values
Social Justice Oriented