Posted by: Careers In Nonprofits, Inc.
Washington, DC, US
Do you have 10-15 years in a progressive professional role managing educational programs for associations?
Are you interested in creating, organizing and managing innovative learning experiences?
Are you interested in working for a leading, dynamic women’s organization?
We are currently in search of a Vice President of Association Programs for a Trade Association. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Trade Association
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Vice President of Association Programs
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Vice President of Association Programs will be responsible for leading and collaborating with staff, committees, and speakers on the planning, execution and development of conferences. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the planning and oversight of training programs. This person reports to a Senior Vice president and also manages junior staff.
Our client embodies a high-performance culture. It is a fast-paced, success-driven environment and they seek intelligent, self-motivated individuals who are deeply customer-service oriented.
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Vacation Day Package
- Professional Development & Continuing Education Opportunities
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 10-15 years of progressive experience in managing association education programs
- 3-5 years of experience managing staff
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Association experience required
- Extensive experience in developing and organizing large-scale conferences
- Notable experience in developing program content
- Proven operational and administrative leadership abilities, including comfort and confidence in holding others accountable
- Knowledgeable in contemporary live and e-learning delivery models and associated technologies
- Strong Microsoft Office and database computer skills required
- Exceptional people skills and high level of proficiency in written and oral communications
- Ability to provide exceptional written communication under tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and successful management of multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel frequently to support mission and professional personnel (30% travel)
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Work with SVP, Senior Management, and stakeholders to develop program offerings from concept through completion for Senior Executive Summit and annual conference and workshops, including: management of conference committee, topic identification, speaker selection and management, creation of program elements, etc.
- Develop organization’s educational program calendar
- Develop programmatic grant requests, track internal grant administration and grant reporting
- Coordinate with business development, events management, marketing and finance staff
- Manage multi-faceted, educational projects concurrently