Posted by: Adults and Children with Learning and Developmental Disabilities Inc
Bethpage, NY, US
ACLD (Adults and Children with Learning and Developmental Disabilities, Inc.) is looking for Vocational Specialists (Job Coach) to provide on-site support and advocacy to individuals diagnosed with intellectual/developmental disabilities. A Vocational Specialist is the liaison between employers and ACLD service recipients ensuring a successful work relationship. This includes providing hands-on instruction and training in appropriate work habits and behaviors.
We have both full-time and part-time positions available. ACLD requires flexibility in scheduling including evening and weekend hours depending on case load.
- Provide on-site job coaching for designated caseload
- Complete and ensure accurate and timely completion of documentation
- Conduct observational assessments on-site in order to assist individuals in learning the tasks of the job
- Travel train on the public transportation system and/or roadways
- Act as a liaison between the individual, family and employer
- Attend all staff meetings, ISPs, conferences and in-service trainings
- Provide overall assistance as assigned
- Associate Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Education or related field required. Bachelor Degree preferred.
- A minimum of one year I/DD experience
- Ability to travel to various locations in Nassau and Suffolk Counties
- Clean, valid New York State driver’s license
ACLD is a leading not-for-profit agency on Long Island that proudly serves the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. The ACLD mission is to provide the opportunity for children, teens and adults with disabilities to pursue enviable lives, to increase their independence and to improve their quality of life.
ACLD provides a continuum of services including Early Childhood Services, Day Habilitation, Homes and Independent Living, Supported Employment, Evaluation and Training, Recreation Programs, Family Support Services, Medicaid Service Coordination and Medical and Behavioral Health Services. ACLD employs over 1,000 staff members across more than 70 programs sites in Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V