Posted by: SuperFood Drive
San Diego, CA, US, Bay Area, CA, US
Needed: stellar teammate to join healthy hunger relief organization
Job Title: Business/Program Development Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Office Space: Based in San Diego or East Bay Area, SuperFood Drive operates out of a virtual office, this employee will work remotely and will travel as needed.
Background & purpose of this position: SuperFood Drive helps shift food pantries & food banks into distributors of healthy, nutrient-dense non-perishable food items.
Two ways we do this:
- Turn all food drives into healthy food drives. Food drives take place year-round across the country (i.e.: Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive by the U.S. Postal Service, Feds Feed Families by the USDA, numerous professional sports teams, schools, places of worship and more). Each is an opportunity to collect nutritious food for our neighbors in need. Our vision is that all of these food drives are healthy SuperFood Drives.
- Provide education, training, and resources to existing food banks and pantries to support the shift from food bank to nutrition bank. Our vision is that all food pantries & food banks provide healthy, nutritious non-perishable and fresh food to the people they serve.
This position will provide business and program development for both of these key areas of business.
- 35% time: Outreach to local, regional & national organizations to increase healthy food drives; relationship management
- 30% time: Provide local (San Diego) programming at food banks and food pantries (training & education for staff & volunteers; customized support); relationship management
- 20% time: Outreach to additional food banks and food pantries locally and nationwide to share SFD resources, facilitating the transformation from food banks to nutrition banks.
- 15% time: Diligent tracking of program outcomes & planning for scalability of programs.
Characteristics and Qualifications
- Preferred: Education in Nutrition and/or Registered Dietician (RD) with strong relationship building and business development experience.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish) but not required
The right person for this position will align with the mission and values of the organization and our commitment to ensuring all people have access to healthy food, especially those struggling with food insecurity.
A qualified applicant will be positive, professional, self-driven, solutions-oriented, and willing to pitch in where necessary to keep our programs on track and achieve organizational goals. This person will be an excellent communicator and have impeccable follow through. He/she will work well independently and with a team.
At SuperFood Drive, we value integrity, work ethic, creativity, fun, flexibility and adaptability. We grow and change each year, so we are looking for a team member who wants to join a dynamic and opportunistic organization.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid experience in program development and implementation
- Solid experience in business development and relationship building
- Demonstrate an ability to thrive in a remote work environment, working unsupervised and productively
- Proven success supporting & coaching others toward their goals
- Strong, clear written and verbal communication skills
- Access to personal computer, internet, and basic office supplies; proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Dropbox, Google Docs, and multiple operating systems
- Access to personal vehicle for local, regional travel (up to 25% of time); ability & willingness to travel for business development purposes
SuperFood Drive is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Read more here:: Idealist