Posted by: Union United Methodist Church
Boston, MA, US
Summary: The Executive Assistant and Church Administrator will work closely with the Lead Pastor and lay leadership to manage Union’s administrative life.
Context: Union is a progressive multicultural faith community in Boston with a 200-year history and commitment to Christian love, social justice, and radical hospitality. We are an urban, multicultural, LGBTQ-friendly, and radically welcoming church and worship in the Africana-celebration style. Union has recently adopted a strategic ministry plan that is guiding the congregation’s spiritual, missional, numerical, and financial growth. The pastoral and congregational lives are dynamic and ever-expanding.
Qualifications: Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Mac Operating Systems and iPhone/iPad devices, Microsoft Office; Great communication (verbal and writing) skills; Works under deadlines, independently and as part of a team; Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Executive Assistance—Positions the lead pastor for excellence by ensuring that responsibilities unique to the pastoral role are prioritized and fulfilled.
- Project Management: Completes projects by executing tasks and assigning work to other staff and volunteers; following up on results.Maintains congregant confidence and protects ministry operations by keeping information confidential.Follows direction and guidance well.
- Writing and Editing: Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Communication and Calendaring: Conserves lead pastor’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications. Maintains lead pastor’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Church Administration—Positions the congregation and its ministries for excellence by ensuring that, in coordination with leadership, the church’s administrative life is well-managed and executed.
- Reception and Greeting:Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Office Management:Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions. Manages office equipment and supplies inventory and evaluating new office products.
- Desktop Publishing:Drafts, revises, and produces the weekly Sunday morning worship bulletin, including printing usually various office media.
- Ministry Support: Provides administrative support for the church’s strategic ministry areas.
Salary and Schedule
- The Executive Assistant and Church Administrator position is hourly and commensurate with experience.
- S/he will work at Union approximately 25 hours per week (potentially 6 hours/day, Tues-Friday, with occasional Saturday). Weekly hours would be divided equally between executive assistance and church administration.
Application: Please send a cover letter and résumé by June 8, 2016.
Read more here:: Idealist