Posted by: Oxford HR
Rome, Latium, Italy
This is an amazing opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to IFAD’s work: achieving development that is inclusive, sustainable and people-centered. IFAD are seeking an energetic, international, senior management professional to become the Director and Controller, based in Rome.
You will lead a dedicated team of managers and professionals within the Accounting and Controller’s Division and will play a pivotal role in ensuring that IFAD delivers against their overarching goal of rural transformation, with special focus on smallholder agriculture in rural areas in the Post-2015 Development Agenda.
This is a life changing prospect, affording the successful candidate the chance to work at the centre of a global hub in a challenging progressive and highly regarded international development institution.
To learn more, please read its Strategic Framework 2015-2025 at www.ifad.org/en/who/sf/tags/1658538.
UN Salary D-1 Grade (See UN ICSC website for details http://icsc.un.org/resources/pdfs/sal/sabeng14.pdf?d=524201610:44:38AM ) – Standard UN Benefits
- Strategic thinking and organisational development: strategic leadership
- Demonstrating leadership: leads by example; initiates and supports change
- Learning, sharing knowledge and innovating: challenges, innovates and contributes to a learning culture
- Focusing on clients: contributes to a client-focused culture
- Problem solving and decision making: solves complex problems and makes decisions that have wider corporate impact
- Managing time, resources and information: coordinates wider use of time, information and/or resources
- Team work: fosters a cohesive team environment
- Communicating and negotiating: acquires and uses a wide range of communication styles and skills
- Building relationships and partnerships: builds and maintains strategic partnerships internally and externally
- Managing performance and developing staff: manages wider teams with greater impact on others and on the organisation.
- Technical/ Functional
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant
- Experience in designing and presenting high level financial management reports
- Acquired exposure to management boards, audit committees and external auditing functions at engagement manager and partner level
- Strong focus on processes optimisation
- Recognised management skills in a multicultural setting, combined with ability to achieve results through motivating people and influencing partners
- Results-oriented decision-making ability with an aptitude to address operational challenges and for developing practical solutions
- Innovator with risk management ability and a proven track record as a successful agent of change
- Rigorous analytical and conceptual thinking
- High sense of integrity, trust and confidence
- Champion of IFAD’s values: respect for the individual, integrity, professionalism and focus on results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including the ability to set out a coherent analysis in presentations
- Strong diplomatic and communication skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships with clients and counterparts at the appropriate levels
- Ability to represent IFAD in international fora.
- At least 12 years of progressively responsible professional experience in international financial management and accounting policies preferably acquired in both the public and private sector or in another international financial institution
- Progressively responsible supervisory / team leader experience is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; working knowledge of another official language (Arabic, French, or Spanish) is desirable
- Advanced university degree or equivalent from an accredited institution in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant.
Read more here:: Idealist