Posted by: Covenant House California
Oakland, CA, US
The hours for this position are Wednesday through Sunday 12:00am to 8:00 (40 hrs/week) and the rate of pay is $13.00/hr.
COVENANT HOUSE CALIFORNIA
JOB TITLE: Resident Advisor DATE REVISED: 7/2014
DEPARTMENT: Oakland Program PREPARED BY: HR
STATUS: Non-Exempt REPORTS TO: Resident Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide shelter supervision (custodial) and delivery of residential services to residents within the framework of the Mission Statement, Five Principles, and Policies and Procedures of Covenant House California. This position is required to adhere to all agency policies/procedures and practices (time/attendance, cell phone, telecommunications, safety, remaining awake/alert, etc). This position requires on-duty meals and breaks and for employees to sign the attached on-duty meal request form.
- Provide custodial supervision of the shelter, including coverage of the various areas of the facility.
- Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures;
- Inspect physical plant for safety and maintenance;
- Answer telephones and monitor clients’ use of phone;
- Maintain consistent communication with the Oakland Community Center;
- Complete paperwork as assigned;
- Function as back-up coverage, as assigned;
- Review clients’ files on a regular basis;
- Build rapport with clients;
- Work directly with clients doing triage, (i.e., field questions, ask what clients need, clarify the problem, etc.);
- Supervise clients in completion of chores, if applicable
- Inspect common areas of the shelter for cleanliness on a daily basis;
- Monitor clients in the shelter;
- Be alert to clients and surroundings even during one-on-one conversations;
- Function as Person in Charge (PIC), as designated;
- Be timely and present at all scheduled meetings and trainings;
- Professionally prepare documentation, as needed;
- Develop knowledge of the current community resources available to clients.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 1-2 years experience working with at risk youth ages 18-24.
SKILLS: Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills. Must be computer literate (Word, Outlook, ACCESS, etc.) Must be a self-starter and team player with the ability to work with other staff members, clients, vendors and the public.
TRANSPORTATION: Must have a valid CA driver’s license, good driving record and reliable transportation. May need to transport clients/staff if required using agency transportation.
WORKING CONDITIONS: General business/office environment. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. on occasion, bend, sit and stand for prolonged periods of time. Some weekend/holiday work may be required.
KNOWLEDGE: Adolescent Development, Crisis Intervention, Multi-Cultural Awareness, Part-R, and CPR & FIRST AID.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: N/A
EQUIPMENT USED: Computers (including email), telephone, and fax.
Read more here:: Idealist