Posted by: Community Awareness Network for a Drug-free Life & Environment
New City, NY, US
Duties/Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Plan and Present School Based Prevention Programs
- Introduce program to parents/faculty through presentations and informational material
- Coordinate presentation schedule with school personnel
- Communicate with teachers about program material and student needs
- Maintain program records and compile program reports
Co-Facilitate Psycho-Educational Groups
- Work cooperatively with co-facilitator to plan group activities
- Facilitate psycho-educational groups
- Participate in group supervision meetings
Present to School Staff, Students and Community
- Provide trainings and workshops on prevention-based topics
- Outreach to schools/communities in Rockland County to create partnerships and collaborations
- Create and distribute prevention education materials/messages via handouts, social media or other methods
- Master’s degree in education, health, social service or related field preferred. Will consider Master’s level Intern or 3 years’ experience in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Commitment to working with youth in substance abuse and violence prevention programs.
- Experience facilitating groups, developing prevention programs, workshops and training sessions to diverse audiences.
- Strong organizational and time management skills: ability to coordinate multiple programs, allocating time between programs/projects when necessary; ability to maintain statistics and records for multiple programs in an organized manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: ability to communicate and work collegially with staff, youth, schools and agencies in the community; experience in public speaking, and networking with school personnel, parents, and community.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and experience using various social media platforms preferred.
- Local Travel is required, must have a valid driver’s license and regular access to an automobile.
Benefits Include: Health Insurance; generous vacation and holiday package; retirement plan. Salary is competitive in the local non-profit community and commensurate with experience. Bilingual/multi-cultural, non-traditional candidates are encouraged to apply.
Read more here:: Idealist