Posted by: Goddard Riverside Community Center
New York, NY, US
Goddard Riverside’s TOP (The Other Place) program is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Staff Generalist. TOP is a clubhouse that assists individuals with mental illness to achieve goals in the areas of working, living, learning, and socializing. Members belong to a community where they are empowered through participation in all clubhouse activities and operations. Members work side by side with staff.
This is a full-time hourly (35 hrs/week) position with working hours from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday (some weekend hours may be required).
1) Work with consumer-led community of adults with mental illness, health conditions, where members and staff jointly plan vocational, educational and social activities that develop skills and promote rehabilitation. Foster recovery, community integration, and psychiatric stabilization. Participate in regular meetings and encourage input for shared decision making and program improvements.
- Monitor activities including unit management, case management and employment management as needed
- Generate member interest in participation in the work ordered day.
- Maintain an active caseload and provide extensive case management to members and document all case management related activities in progress notes
- Participate in maintaining the cleanliness and upkeep of the clubhouse environment, along with other staff and members.
- Take leadership role in ensuing positive outcomes in consumers’ lives. Liaise with each unit to ensure all needs of members and the clubhouse are addressed.
- Prepare timely internal and external reports,
- Work with team to ensure and maintain clubhouse International certificate: work with other NYC Clubhouse Coalition members on initiatives and advocacy efforts.
- Conduct outreach activities to referral sources to enhance membership.
- Represent program and Goddard Riverside to other organization
2) Other Computer Functions
- Utilize AWARDS system to document member progress through service plan development and individual and group progress notes
3) Other duties as required
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Excellent general computer skills, including strong skills in Excel and database applications.
- Quantitative analysis skills
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Members and staff share office
- Program site is located site is in a basement
Read more here:: Idealist