Posted by: The Nature Conservancy
Willcox, AZ, US
The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Since our founding in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has protected more than 117 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide — and we operate more than 100 marine conservation projects globally. We have more than 1 million members and dedicated staff working in all 50 United States and more than 30 countries around the world — we are everywhere you want to be!
The Aravaipa Land Steward coordinates preserve stewardship work and general operations including maintenance and general preserve management. Implements preserve management plans, which may include species monitoring and research, exotic species control, prescribed burning, boundary posting, preserve building maintenance, trail and/or equipment maintenance, field trips and volunteer stewardship workdays. Maintains preserve equipment, such as tractors and ATV’s. Maintains database for monitoring information such as; stream flow, rare species, and precipitation. Creates and compiles GIS information and databases for the Aravaipa watershed and greater Galiuro Mountain complex.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Associates Degree and 1 year’s training in science-related field or related experience in land management.
- Experience recognizing plant and animal species.
- Experience operating various types of equipment.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Must be able to obtain related licenses or certifications as required. (e.g., First Aid, CPR, herbicide application, and driver license).
- Valid driver’s license required.
Read more here:: Idealist