Posted by: Girl Scouts of Greater New York
New York, NY, US
REPORTS TO: Membership Development Manager
POSITION OBJECTIVES: To establish new troops, build community partnerships, and promote Girl Scouts of Greater New York (GSGNY) programs and recruitment initiatives in targeted communities to increase adult volunteer and girl membership. To work with volunteers and community partners to assess the needs of underserved populations/communities.
- Supports GSGNY success in achieving the Council’s goals for girl and adult membership through executing membership recruitment strategies in assigned areas.
- Report to and work with the Membership Development Manager to ensure the development of effective recruitment strategies and build volunteer capacity by providing excellent customer service.
- Work collaboratively with the Membership Services Specialist as part of a cross-functional team providing customer service and support to establish membership.
- Use market data to develop and execute effective recruiting strategies to increase awareness and participation in Girl Scouting through in-person meetings, presentations, and networking opportunities with community organizations, schools, educators, faith–based institutions, and other community constituents.
- Frequent, required evening and weekend meetings to include recruitment, PTA meetings and other Council-sponsored events.
- Represent GSGNY in forums among other youth development organizations and program providers as well as Council-sponsored events.
- Identify and secure meeting sites for new troops, and obtain sponsorship agreements for each partnering site.
- Work closely with new volunteers to establish troops, deliver training, and provide support by conducting first troop meetings/registration meetings.
- Facilitate new leader on-boarding process by ensuring completion of volunteer applications, background checks, and references. Verify that the aforementioned documents are properly saved as electronic files and made accessible for reference at all times.
- Collect and process membership registration paperwork for newly registering troops, ensuring that paperwork is error free and submitted according to established procedures and deadlines.
- Ensure timely, thorough and accurate reporting of progress as directed by the Membership Development Manager and/or the Director, Membership & Community Development.
- Foster and enhance strong relationships with adult volunteers, corporate and community partners.
- Build connections with Volunteer Recruiters in Girl Scout Service Units to build the capacity of the community to help promote Girl Scouting.
- Attend monthly Service Unit Meetings within your assigned borough as directed by the Membership Development Manager to provide relevant Council information to volunteers.
- Develop and deliver introductory Series programming to increase awareness in unserved communities. This includes: Needs assessment to determine what kind of program to offer; Site identification, inspection for safety and other factors, and use arrangements; Recruitment, training and supervision of temporary staff; Development of effective recruitment materials; Implementing funded programs if necessary.
- Must support the Cookie Campaign by participating in Corporate Cookie Connection Day(s), administering the Cookie Cupboard, and assisting volunteers as necessary.
- Represent Girl Scouts and be a brand ambassador.
- Interpret and support GSUSA and Council policies and standards.
- Complete other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse communities.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Ability to communicate and work collaboratively and effectively with others.
- Ability to commit to a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends, and to travel throughout the five boroughs as necessary.
- Proficiency in identifying, analyzing and solving problems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines, and perform well under pressure.
- Creativity, vision and the ability to motivate volunteers.
- Ability to manage time, work independently, provide customer service, and handle several projects at once.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. without difficulty.
- Computer-literate, with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Subscribe to the beliefs and principles of the Girl Scout movement.
The Girl Scouts of Greater New York is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description. Any essential function or requirement of this job will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent or applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation(s) for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent or applicant when possible.
Read more here:: Idealist