Posted by: Health Federation of Philadelphia
Philadelphia, PA, US
Department/Program: Children, Youth and Families/Early Head Start Program
Reports to: Family and Community Partnership Manager
FLSA: Non- Exempt
Primary responsibilities include coordination of community partnerships, outreach and recruitment activities for the Early Head Start program. Manage the Parent Resource Center and Parent Volunteers
- Initiate and maintain community partnerships and interagency agreements.
- Coordinate and participate in recruitment activities including community outreach, program presentations and networking activities.
- Maintain tracking system of outreach and recruitment activities.
- Coordinate bi-annual Community Provider Networking Breakfast and maintain monthly contact via phone, email or US mail of all community partners.
- Along with Family and Community Partnership Manager, develop recruitment and public relations materials for community.
- Manage the Parent Resource Center including conducting workshops on basic computer skills, resume writing and job searching for parents enrolled in program.
- Network and collaborate with community providers for the coordination of on-site informational and educational workshops.
- Participate in ongoing in-service training programs.
- Keep supervisor completely informed of daily activities by participating in weekly individual supervision and monthly Unit meeting.
- Operate within the guidelines established by Early Head Start and Health Federation of Philadelphia policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of client contact and documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Service, Business, Marketing, Psychology or related field preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Warm, understanding, non-judgmental yet mature personality
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to work with computers and data management system
- Respect for importance of confidentiality and issues of diversity
- Familiarity with major community resources, including housing systems/programs in Philadelphia
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS; mental health issues; substance abuse and physical/sexual abuse; homelessness; domestic violence and child development
- Working with families with young children who demonstrate a high level of risk and complex social service needs.
- Knowledge of social service organizations in the service area.
- Experience with outreach and recruitment activities.
- Experience and proficiency with using computer software to develop newsletters, brochures and flyers.
Standard office setting with extended periods at work station and periodic use of office equipment.
Position Type and Work Schedule:
Fulltime position, typical hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flex office schedule options available with supervisor approval.
Local travel to multiple sites and community meetings, occasionally
Work is performed within an urban environment. Exposure to “common” childhood illness, such as colds or flu. Physical demands include some physical activity that includes sitting, prolonged standing and/or walking, handling moderate weight objects (up to 30 lbs).
Salary and Benefits:
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
The Health Federation of Philadelphia (HFP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.
Read more here:: Idealist