Posted by: Ride Connection
Portland, OR, US
Ride Connection is looking for a full-time Dispatcher/Scheduler to facilitate getting customers to and from their destinations in an efficient and effective manner using demand-response public transportation programs by providing the communication link between customers, drivers, agency staff and agency partners in an environment that is often hectic and always changing. Looking at the “big-picture” and taking into account many different factors including operational, timing, customer and funding, the dispatcher/scheduler responds to schedule changes, often last-minute, to maximize efficiency in the system while maintaining a superior level of quality customer service to ensure that each person who requests Ride Connection service is treated with dignity, respect and patience. In order to be considered for this position, you must submit an application, cover letter and a resume.
• High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in job duties.
• Two (2) years’ experience in an operations environment, preferably scheduling, dispatching and/or general coordinating duties for a public transportation program.
• Two (2) years of customer service experience.
• Ability to communicate using two-way radio and telephone equipment.
• Ability in reading and interpreting maps to determine locations and boundaries.
• Geographic knowledge of Multnomah, Clackamas, and Washington Counties.
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Office applications.
• Must be able to multi-task in a rapidly changing fast paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess good decision-making skills and effective problem-solving and listening skills
• Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and to make decisions with minimal supervision by prioritizing and organizing tasks.
• Ability to pass a drug or alcohol screening.
• Ability to pass a National Criminal Record Check which includes fingerprint identification.
• Experience working with older adults and people with disabilities.
• Experience and passion working for a Non-Profit organization.
• Familiarity with local public transportation systems.
• Ability to speak other languages, in addition to English.
• Experience working with RouteMatch or other scheduling software.
Read more here:: Idealist