Organization: UN Office on Drugs and Crime
Closing date: 31 Dec 2016
Under the overall supervision of the UNODC Regional Representative for the Middle East and North Africa and the direct supervision of the Procurement associate, the intern will gain first-hand knowledge and experience in UNODC activities relating to procurement.
- Provide administrative and filling support to the Procurement Associate.
- Contribute to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. correspondence, solicitation documents, etc.;
- Support the Procurement Associate in the procurement process for Individual contractors, including the preparation of procurement notices, advertisement, compiling all needed administrative documents, etc.
- Support the Procurement Associate in developing and updating the rosters of suppliers in the MENA region and registering them in the UN Global Marketplace and Umoja;
- Performs other duties as required.
After a six-months assignment, the intern will have gained expertise and experience in UN Rules and regulation related to procurement and administrative work for the United Nations, as well as hands-on experience in the implementation of the UNODC mandate.
- Applicants should be enrolled in post graduate university or have completed a university degree no more than one year ago in, Management, Business admiration, public administration, or other relevant Procurement.
- No professional experience is required.
- Strong interest in working in the UN system, particularly on drug- and crime-related issues.
- General IT competence and command of main office software programmes
- Internet communication and searching skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and a strong team working capacity
Languages: Excellent knowledge of Arabic and English with fluency in speaking, reading and writing. Knowledge of French is an asset.
How to apply:
To apply, students interested in UNODC internship (Procurement) should submit:
• A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
• A cover letter in English (150-250 words) outlining their reasons for doing an internship and indicating their areas of interest.
Interested should email their application to email@example.com
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT