Posted by: American Liver Foundation, National Office
Independence, OH, US
HEARTLAND DIVISION- CLEVELAND, OHIO
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) is the nation’s leading non-profit organization promoting liver health and disease prevention. ALF provides research, education and advocacy for those affected by liver-related diseases, including hepatitis.
TITLE: Event Coordinator
The individual will be responsible for assisting with the development, coordination and implementation of all Division special events and programs. Reporting to the Executive Director of the Heartland Division, the individual will develop and implement a plan of work to ensure the successful achievement of events – fundraising and outreach/education goals. Additional duties including the daily operations of the Division, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
In collaboration with the Executive Director, prepare and implement the strategic initiatives of the Division and all related fundraising and programmatic activities.
- Assist with the planning and execution of Liver Life Walk events, Flavors events, Liver Life Challenge teams, and all community education, patient education and professional development programs within Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky.
- Contribute to the public relations and marketing strategies that support fundraising activities, including web-based fundraising and all communications.
- Must interact effectively with donors, board members, volunteers and co-workers.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while maintaining a high-level of attention to detail and professional quality of work.
- Handle all duties pertaining to production of collateral materials, such as brochures, fundraising materials, invitations etc.
- Coordinate fundraising events, programs, and activities to include the following:
- Recruiting participants and marketing ALF events/programs to the public.
- Creating a sense of pride and community by coordinating team meetings, training programs, kick-off events, and recognition events.
- Develop and manage all planning timelines for events/programs.
- Identifying sponsorship/donor opportunities and soliciting potential community partners.
- Creating and maintaining accurate budgetary records and databases.
- Securing all applications, permits and logistical needs.
- Maintain donor relationships, as identified by the Executive Director.
- Maintain Foundation website and social media pages, as needed.
- Draft well-written and personalized printed and email requests and acknowledgements.
- Process product, in-kind service, and monetary donations, as needed.
- Manage online event fundraising program in Convio.
- Recruit and manage third-party fundraising relationships.
- Secure vendors, manage communications, and process invoices.
- Fulfill set programmatic goals in the community.
- Volunteer recruitment, training and management for community programming and special events.
- Perform administrative tasks as necessary, such as answering telephone, handling or referring calls/e-mails as appropriate; maintaining event and program supplies; disseminate educational information as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Convio preferred.
- Excellent planning, budgeting and organizational skills.
- Strong writing, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality of work and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and organize activities while working within deadlines.
- Self-motivated with initiative and independent actions within the scope of responsibilities.
- Fundraising experience preferred.
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends, with occasional travel.
- Valid Ohio State Driver’s License.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent in education, training and experience) required.
At least two years’ experience with not-for-profit organizations preferred. Experience working on special events and community outreach.
- This is a full-time position.
- Work office location is Independence, Ohio.
- Able and willing to lift/move event-related materials weighing up to 50 lbs. EOE
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) will aspire to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of its work and will demonstrate its commitment to and accountability for an inclusive environment in which differences are recognized, respected, valued and celebrated.
Read more here:: Idealist