Organization: UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
Closing date: 14 Jun 2016
Title: Assistant Project Officer
Project: Empowering Women in the Mafraq Governorate
Organizational Unit: UNESCO Amman Office
Primary Location: Amman – Jordan
Type of contract: Service Contract (SC-8)
Annual salary: JOD 13,644.00
Duration:Six months from July to December 2016
Deadline: 14 June 2016
Application to be sent to: Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Under the overall authority of the Head of UNESCO Amman Office/ UNESCO Representative in Jordan, and the direct supervision of the competent Project Officer, the incumbent will be responsible to provide technical assistance and expertise on marketing, communication and promotion within the framework of the UNESCO-UN Women Joint Programme “Empowering Women in the Mafraq Governorate”. The incumbent will be based in Amman and will undertake regular field visits to the project as needed.
Duties and requirements
- Assist the Project Officer in the implementation of the UNESCO – UN Women Joint Programme “Empowering Rural Women in Mafraq Governorate” (hereafter the “Programme”), and notably:
a. Provide technical support in the design and implementation of the Programme’s Activity 5 “Promotion of the site and service products”, and notably: i) assist in the design and development of multimedia communication and marketing materials for the promotion of the site and its products (e.g. brochure, website, posters, advertisements); ii) assist in the organization of events for the promotion of the site and its products (e.g. workshops, field visits, meetings, promotional events etc.); iii) assist in monitoring of contractors and consultants, as contracted by UNESCO for implementation of Programme’s Activity 5;
b. Assist in communication and marketing activities under Activities 1-4 of the Programme (1-Handicraft production; 2-Heritage Education and Information; 3-Hospitality; 4-Organizational development and awareness raising), and notably: i) assist in the organization of events (e.g. workshops, field visits, meetings, promotional events etc.); ii) assist in the creation of communication materials and tools; iii) assist in communication with Programme’s trainees; 2. Undertake missions as required by Programme’s implementation;
- Assist in administrative tasks, including: i) logistics support; ii) preparation of relevant documentation for missions; iii) drafting of official correspondence; iv) preparation of minutes of meetings; v) payments process;
- Provide assistance as needed by the Project Officer for overall programme implementation;
- Provide translation and interpretation support English-Arabic-English.
- Carry out any other duties requested by the Head of Office.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in the field of management and administration, communication and marketing, political science, social science and related subjects.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the field of communication and marketing and project administrative support.
- Proficiency in computer office applications;
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work in a team and within a multi-cultural environment;
Organized and flexible. LANGUAGES
Fluency in English and Arabic.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
The candidate shall be offered a Service Contract with a net salary of approximately JOD 13,644 per annum. The initial contract is for a probationary period of 3 months renewable subject to good satisfactory service; and contingent on the availability of funding;
Other benefits include 2.5 days per month annual leave;
How to apply:
Interested candidates should complete the attached United Nations Personal History form (P.11) with a covering letter in English explaining their interest in the position and forward it electronically to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Please indicate the position and vacancy number you are applying for. Incomplete P.11s will not be processed.
Applications can also be received via fax only if internet access is not available to apply online. A completed official UNESCO CV form (available from the UNESCO home page) should be sent to fax number: +5928456.
Interested and suitable candidates should ensure that their application is submitted on or before 14/06/2016.
Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT