Posted by: Project Renewal
New York, NY, US
The Outreach Specialist is part of the Health Homes team and responsible for the initial outreach, engagement, and enrollment of clients with chronic physical and mental conditions within the community. Outreach to potential clients will be conducted via face to face visits, mail, and telephonically. This position requires substantial time within the community conducting outreach efforts in potential clients’ homes and partner sites within the boroughs of Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens. This position is outcomes based and the Outreach Specialist is expected to meet organization enrollment goals.
- Outreach to potential participants and engage/educate on Project Renewal Health Home benefits and enrollment.
- Conduct home visits, phone and mail outreach to individuals referred to Project Renewal for enrollment.
- Track the outreach and engagement of all Lead Health Home referrals as required.
- Gather, review and file medical, mental health & substance use reports from respective providers as needed.
- Assist potential participants with non-active Medicaid through initial entitlement process and internal referral.
- Create calling and field work schedule on a weekly basis.
- Achieve minimum 50% enrollment based on monthly individual caseload. .
- Develop referral sources targeting medical clinics and physicians to generate enrollment to Project Renewal Health Home program.
- Screen all referrals for additional Project Renewal program participation.
- Offer ongoing member education and member servicing
- Update and maintain accurate records on prospective clients of services rendered on required software platforms
- Actively participate in any organizational activities (meetings, events, etc.).
- Represent the agency at various venues to promote agency services.
- Conduct assigned administrative duties (mail, follow-up etc.) and other assigned job duties.
- Minimum of High school diploma/GED; Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience in community outreach and a successful track record in achieving targets is preferred.
- Welcoming, enthusiastic and engaging demeanor, ability to market and explain the program to potential enrollees.
- Must be able/willing to conduct field work and travel with-in assigned boroughs (public or personal transit)
- High level of motivation, self-discipline and ability to work independently in the community
Computer literacy and efficient in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word).
- Comfortable doing public speaking and making presentations.
- Professional conduct in dealing with persons internal and external to the organization, and sensitivity towards the target population is essential.
Proficiency in additional language(s) preferred (Spanish)
Experience with marketing and enrollment in Medicaid /Health Plan/Managed care products
Experience with social services, home visits/field based case management
Established professional relationships with non-profits, community sources, religious / faith based organizations within Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens
Knowledge of the functions and resources of public social welfare agencies preferred.
Experience working with immigrant populations and/or persons living with HIV/AIDS, substance use, mental illness and other related issues.Job Type: Full-time
•Community Outreach: 1 year
•High school or equivalent
Read more here:: Idealist