Posted by: Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service
Baltimore, MD, US
Protecting, Embracing and Empowering | Service and justice | Advocating for migrants and refugees
If you are passionate about transforming communities for migrants and refugees with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS), is seeking a Program Coordinator for Pre-Arrival Services who will successfully represent LIRS at the weekly Allocations Meetings of Government and Resettlement agencies to prepare for case placement within LIRS’ network. S/he will review family reunification applications for final submission to the appropriate vetting partners and work closely with the Stabilization Unit in order to manage placements and improve the quality of services provided by the LIRS’ affiliate network.
- Strategically prepare, choose and assist in the placement of refugee cases for the LIRS Affiliate Network using a knowledge based approach.
- Work closely with all Resettlement Staff to help inform placement decisions.
- Review and Submit Family Reunification Applications, with a special focus on rejection rates for purposes of quality control and targeted training.
- Train Affiliate staff on family reunification issues through Learning Management System (LMS) training, including webinars.
- Participate in weekly allocation meetings, attend trainings and present at LIRS hosted conferences.
- Participate in cross-training with Processing Coordinator functions.
- Collaborate with other units and departments to identify new process improvement opportunities.
- Undergraduate degree with course work in social service, political science or other relevant with a minimum 3+ years experience in the refugee field with a demonstration of knowledge and sensitivity to cross-cultural transition issue.
- Commitment to LIRS’s core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners; commitment to empowering refugees and migrants.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with complex, evolving issues and quickly adapt to shifting priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, knowledge in database management and other computer applications.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skill in running queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to navigate and collaborate with a diverse workforce.
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% of time.
Headquartered in Baltimore’s beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with a 77-year history, a budget of approximately $58 million per year, and over 100 headquarters staff.
LIRS is widely-recognized for its expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
Read more here:: Idealist