Posted by: Black Women For Wellness
Los Angeles, CA, US
Black Women for Wellness is a grassroots nonprofit organization dedicated to the health and wellness of women and girls through education, advocacy, outreach and research in California. We are seeking a dynamic, self starter to lead our volunteer, membership and leadership development efforts. The position is located in Los Angeles and will report to program manager of Sisters in Control.
This is a full time non exempt position that has the responsibility to create and execute volunteer and membership engagement program, focus on base building for BWW and to develop small donors.
Principal Function and Responsibility:
• Develop a robust engagement program and track volunteers, members, advocates and BWW leaders
• Create and facilitate volunteer and membership events
• Continue to build and populated BWW’s leadership development program
• Recruit new volunteers, members and leaders
• Facilitate trainings and development of volunteers and advocates
• Develop, expand and track membership benefits and activities
• Create and maintain outreach and volunteer calendar
• Responsible for volunteer assignments
• Database management, supervision and entry
• Organize event phone banks (volunteers)
• Manage communications with volunteers, members and advocates including online communications and consistent mailings
• Develop and track monthly small donor base
• Represent BWW in the community by maintaining relationships with schools, community-based organizations, unions, social and civic engagement organizations and other collaborations in relation to this project.
• Assist in organizing monthly community health conversations in South Los Angeles
• Coordinate with other program staff the facilitation of peer advocate training as necessary.
• Coordinate activities and/or meetings with staff from other programs and/or departments.
• Attend coalition and community meetings
• Develop and maintain professional contact/relationships with schools, community leaders, community organizations as applicable.
• Tracking program expenses, developing and tracking budgets
• Coordinate and handle administrative and logistical aspects of the program.
• Light travel throughout California and nationally
• Heavy outreach work with community partners with the south Los Angeles area
• Other office duties as required
• Requires two (3) to three (5) years of experience with on the ground field organizing work, including volunteer recruitment and membership engagment
• Ability to use Voter Activation Network (VAN) or Political Data Incorporated plus.
• Ability to synthesize and analysis data
• At least one year experience working with databases such as Nationbuilder or Salesforce.
• Bachelor degree in related field, public health or communications a plus
• Ability to relate to diverse communities including Black young adults.
• Share BWW values and mission
• Responsive to new ideas and situations.
• Sense of humor.
• Proficient with Microsoft office programs including: Word, Excel and Powerpoint. WordPress knowledge is
• Proficient with online media tools including facebook, twitter, pinterest, wordpress and tumblr
• Self starter and needs little supervision
• Willing to work weekends and/or evening
• Reliable transportation
• Able to walk 5-10 minutes at a time
• Must have outstanding oral and written communications skills,
• Knowledge of Black communities/working with Black communities a plus
• Strong oral/written skills
Salary will be based upon education and experience, ranges between $36,000 – $40,000.
Black Women for Wellness is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation. All are encouraged to apply.
Read more here:: Idealist