Posted by: iMentor
New York, NY, US
iMentor builds mentoring relationships that empower students in low-income communities to graduate high school, succeed in college, and achieve their ambitions. Students work with their mentors one-on-one, in-person and online, to develop strong personal relationships, nurture a college aspiration, navigate the college application process, and build critical skills that lead to college success. In New York City, iMentor partners with public schools to ensure every student in the schools receives a mentor. iMentor also provides its curriculum, technology, and best practices to help nonprofits run effective programs in the iMentor model. Since 1999, iMentor has connected 11,000 students with mentors. This year, iMentor is serving 3,000 mentor-mentee pairs in New York City and 2,000 more nationwide. iMentor has been recognized through funding by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Lumina Foundation, the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, and the Robin Hood Foundation, and is a subgrantee of the federal Social Innovation Fund.
iMentor is one of the nation’s most innovative and quickly growing mentoring organizations.As a team, we are mission-focused, results-oriented, passionate and fun, and were named one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by Opportunity Knocks and The Nonprofit Times.
iMentor is seeking Program Operations Coordinators (OCs) who will support the iMentor New York City Program Operations Team to ensure that the systems, communication and resources needed to support mentee-mentor pairs to engage in a high-quality, high-impact mentoring relationships are in place. Program Operations Coordinators will support the Program Operations Manager (POM) and Associate Director of Program Operations to make decisions that optimize program quality, drive participant impact, achieve iMentor’s goals for participant engagement and ensure that all operational tasks required for ongoing program operations are developed and executed in an efficient and effective manner.
Program Operations Coordinators will be a team of professionals with one to two years experience with strong customer service orientation, high attention to detail and enthusiasm who are excited to manage a diverse spectrum of responsibilities simultaneously. Ideal candidates will have a positive, “can-do” attitude; will be eager to learn and will possess extremely strong organizational and communication skills.
Communication & Tracking
- Ensure program team compliance with NYC and organization wide systems and policies
- Oversee development of materials and systems to successfully execute iMentor NYC program events
- Supporting monthly events by managing RSVPs and handling all logistical set up and oversight, including financial purchases and venue communications
- Supporting weekly online communication by contacting mentors who have not written in advance of mentee’s class
- Consent form tracking for program and Out of Program meetings
- Cleaning up trackers
- Handling baseline pair support by sending out all monthly newsletters and managing cohort inbox (basic questions)
- Follow up on Program activities to ensure closure, completion, and deadlines are met.
- Assist with key internal and external communications including monthly Program update and other content as needed
- Handling messaging to mentors as needed, including inviting mentors and mentees to surveys, inviting to monthly events, RSVP reminders, session reminders, etc.
Data Quality Assessment
- Supporting site start-up by collecting forms, overseeing trackers
- Handling all Platform data audits
- Managing the match closure process on the Platform
- Supporting PM information collection on the Platform
- Cleaning up trackers
- Working with Director of Program Operations to pull relevant data around support hours/safety
- Support iMentor organization-wide initiatives, requiring occasional evening and/or weekend events (averaging one evening event per week, 6-8 PM)
- Participate in team meetings to evaluate individual and program progress towards goals and to identify trends and gaps in program delivery
- Participate in on-going trainings on curriculum content and delivery and best practices in pair support
- Ongoing 1:1 training and support of Program Managers
- Support all aspects of program implementation and improvement and iMentor’s overall mission
- Collaborate across departments to create and manage comprehensive program delivery
- Strong customer service orientation with a demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Proven organization and time management skills to complete a high volume of varied responsibilities in a fast paced setting with excellent attention to detail
- Superb communication skills (oral and written) with a confident, concise, clear and compelling style
- Resourceful, strategic problem-solving ability with a positive “can do” attitude and a sense of humor
- Quick learner and hard worker; able to work independently, to thrive under pressure and to produce on deadline
- Excellent relationship builder; able to demonstrate a high level of tact, discretion, humility, and diplomacy with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Must also demonstrate ability to maintain confidential/sensitive information
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Hungry to learn about nonprofit operations and administration
- Public speaking experience; confidence, poise, charisma (on campus tours, theatre, RA, teaching assistant)
- Comfort with technology, preference for skills in Excel, and proficiency in typing
- Aligned in thought and action with iMentor’s values (http://www.imentor.org/values)
- Views differences between individuals (race, gender, age, cultural heritage, physical ability, education and lifestyle) as an asset and demonstrates an appreciation of the diversity within iMentor
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Employment is contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory fingerprinting and crPlatformnal background check, conducted by the Division of Human Resources at the New York City Department of Education
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Up to 100% employer funded comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 18 days paid annual vacation and 13 paid holidays + most iMentor functions closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- 401K match up to 4%
- Significant opportunities for professional development and growth
Read more here:: Idealist