Posted by: The Achievement Network
Boston, MA, US
Quality Assurance Software Engineer
Location: Boston, MA
Position is available June 1, 2016
The Achievement Network (ANet) is seeking an enthusiastic Quality Assurance Software Engineer who has the ability to collaborate with product managers and engineers to develop and deliver web-based educational products and services at the highest level of quality. The Quality Assurance Software Engineer will be a strong advocate and voice for overall quality on the team from requirements through deployment. The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning and executing the testing strategy and helping team members to build quality into the entire software development process.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the product development lifecycle through design, analysis, testing
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of deliverables
- Develop, write, review and verify software test plans and strategies
- Perform functional, regression, integration, and performance testing
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements
- Document, research, and communicate defects discovered during testing, and verify defect fixes
- Interact with engineers and product managers to clarify functionality and resolve usability issues and defects
- Assist with web application deployments to verify production releases
- Participate in daily scrum and sprint review meetings
- Contribute to continual QA process improvement efforts
- Report to the VP of Product Management
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, ideal candidates should demonstrate the following:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and with others
- An effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Comfortable with multitasking and changes to priorities and workflows
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies, products, and scripting languages
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Share ANet’s passion for increasing opportunity for children in underserved communities.
- Self-reflective & belief in ANet’s core values. Be eager to learn, with a willingness to reflect by examining personal archetypes and bias and discuss topics related to race, class, and privilege, which relate to our Advance Equity and People Matter values.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field
- Software testing background, including 3+ years of experience testing commercially available web-based applications
- Experience with manual, regression and functional testing
- Experience creating and implementing test plans
- Experience successfully working in an agile environment
- Experience working with multiple operating systems including iOS and Mac OS X
- Working knowledge of SQL and a strong Mathematics background preferred
- Experience with test automation processes and tools a plus
- Experience working in the Education industry and working with teachers as users a plus
WHO WE ARE
Achievement Network (ANet) is a nonprofit dedicated to educational equity. We help schools boost student learning with great teaching that’s grounded in standards, informed by data, and built on the successful practices of educators around the country.
Founded in Boston in 2005, ANet now serves over 700 schools educating over 230,000 students in Colorado, District of Columbia, Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Tennessee. Our support has consistently helped our partner schools—district or charter—achieve breakthrough results for their students. ANet has received multiple awards and recognitions, including a prestigious Investing In Innovation (i3) grant from the federal government in 2010, New Schools Venture Fund’s “Organization of the Year” in 2011, and The Nonprofit Time’s “Best Nonprofits to Work For” in 2015 and 2016.
WHAT WE OFFER
ANet is a dynamic, values driven, team-oriented organization that is committed to the growth and development of all staff members. Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to join an exceptional team of colleagues committed to helping schools drive excellent teaching and learning by investing in each other and learning together.
Salary for this position is highly competitive and is based on prior experience and qualifications. ANet offers comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 3 weeks of vacation (4 weeks after two years with ANet); 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays; a paid floating holiday; paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Read more here:: Idealist