Posted by: Permanent Mission of the Republic of Korea to the United Nations
New York, NY, US
The Permanent Mission of the Republic of Korea to the United Nations is seeking a motivated and capable researcher/Administrative Assistant to assist with the work of the Third Committee Team at the Mission, which covers social and cultural affairs including human rights, humanitarian affairs, UNICEF, UN-WOMEN and Security Council issues at the United Nations, as well as to perform other administrative duties. Hours are Monday-Friday from 9 am to 6 pm, including a 60-minute lunch break.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, International Relations, Human Rights, or Pre-Law/Legal Studies preferred.
– 1-2 years of full-time work experience in a related field preferred
– Fluent in both English and Korean
– Ability to digest and summarize large quantities of information and present it in a concise manner (advanced note-taking skills for important meeting summaries are a necessity)
– Ability to multitask and complete assignments in a timely manner
– Proactive problem-solver
– Must be eligible to work in the United States; we sponsor visas
– Must pass a security check and classified document access clearance
– Attend informal consultations and official meetings of the UN and brief team on the outcome of such meetings by providing factual and analytical information
Conduct research on the UN General Assembly Third Committee issues
– Draft, edit, and fact-check official statements and diplomatic communications
– Communicate with other Member States, the UN System, and non-governmental organizations on behalf of the Mission.
– Assist in planning side events and meetings.
– Administrative tasks.
– $2,800 monthly with overtime
– Medical and dental plan (20% employee contribution)
– Vacation days in addition to UN and Korean holidays
Please go to http://un.mofa.go.kr/korean/am/un/recruit/mission/index.jsp for the “Application 2016.” Complete the application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, 24 June 2016 (23:59, EST) with the subject “Third Committee Researcher/Admin – Your Name.” Invitation only interviews will be conducted during the week of 27 June. Copies of your diploma or certificate must be emailed before 27 June if you are invited for interviews. Must be available to start working on 11 July. Two recommendation letters from professors or employers must be submitted along with copies of diplomas and certificates on the day of your interview. No phone inquiries.
Read more here:: Idealist