Posted by: Juma Ventures
San Francisco, CA, US
Juma strives to break the cycle of poverty by paving the way to work, education, and financial capability for youth across America. In 1993, Juma Ventures (www.Juma.org) became the first nonprofit organization to own and operate a commercial franchise—a single Ben & Jerry’s ice cream shop in San Francisco. Since then, Juma has grown into a nationally-recognized youth development organization serving nearly 800 low-income students each year at 13 different major sporting venues in eight cities – Atlanta, New Orleans, New York City, Oakland, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Sacramento and Seattle. Juma has employed more than 5,000 young people who have generated $23 million in enterprise revenue, earned $5 million in wages and saved $3.2 million for higher education. Juma has received numerous awards for its work including the National Youth Employment Coalition’s PEPNet Award, a Community Achievement Award from the Social Enterprise Alliance, and the Social Impact Exchange Business Plan. Most recently, Juma was recognized with the California Association of Nonprofits Achievement in Innovation Award; was one of five nonprofits awarded the “Game Changer” grant by the 50 Fund, the philanthropic arm of the Super Bowl 50 Host Committee; and, after just two years of operations, Juma Seattle was a Silver Recipient of Seattle’s Business Magazine’s Community Impact Award.
Juma is looking for great people who share our passion for working with youth and for using business as a tool for sustainable social impact. Our workplace is supportive, open, inclusive and relevant, focused on youth, empowerment, dedication and respect.
Juma seeks a talented Manager with a track record of success in sales or business development in a fast paced environment to drive Juma’s social enterprise operation and serve as a key member of our Enterprise team. Reporting to the Director of Business Operations the Sacramento Enterprise Manager will be responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, and developing at risk high school youth to work in a professional work environment to save money for college. The Sacramento Enterprise Manager will manage the day to day operations in Sacramento, thereby advancing Juma’s mission and creating meaningful impact in the lives of both donors and Juma youth nationwide. The Sacramento Enterprise Manager will also serve as a mentor and coach for youth and 18+ young adults.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruitment & Training
- High school sophomore assembly presentations to pitch the JUMA program to potential youth.
- Lead “Challenge” training for youth and 18+ applicants.
- Execute quarterly Youth All-Staff Meetings including topics such as: resume/interview tips, youth interaction, sales, etc.
- Effectively manage online training software via MindFlash for all youth trainings.
- Clearly communicate to all youth the qualitative and quantitative requirements listed in the newly established Youth Position Constitution (YPC).
- Plan and track objectives via ETO software for youth attendance and goals.
- Business Management, Growth & Administration
- Partial oversight of Sacramento P&L
- Growing the business through strategic sales, marketing, partnerships, new products, etc.
- Preparing daily and monthly sales and inventory usage reports for internal and external use.
- Day-to-Day Concession/Vending Operations
- Maintaining daily, monthly, and seasonal budgets and forecasts.
- Staff scheduling and payroll reporting
- Creating an environment of exceptional customer service.
- Ensuring all equipment is in proper working condition.
- Ensuring that all safety procedures are followed and working conditions are safe.
- Listening to and resolving customer complaints regarding service, product, or personnel.
- Orders & Deliveries
- Submit orders and manage Cost of Goods (COGS) through suppliers.
- Collect order invoices from suppliers on site for deliveries.
- Physically distribute orders to commissary and warehouse (be able to lift approximately 30-50 lbs.).
- Corporate Engagement
- Maintain a strong relationship with HR staff and front office.
- Assist the Volunteer Coordinator in planning and recruiting corporate volunteers for afternoon weekday “community day”.
- Lead tour of Sacramento operations for approximately 50 volunteers for “community day” games.
- Staff Management & Development
- Serve as a mentor and coach to further develop the capabilities of youth staff.
- Create a work environment that fosters teamwork, personal growth, and self-confidence.
- Conduct employee performance reviews and provide ongoing support and feedback to youth regarding their job performance.
- Collaboration with Juma Staff
- Develop an efficient and beneficial relationship with the Youth Services team to integrate business needs and program services.
Qualifications & Skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, motivated, and able to take initiative in all situations; ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and inclusive environment.
- LGBTQ, bicultural, and/or minority applicants as well as applicants experienced within foster care systems are especially encouraged to apply
- All prospective staff will be fingerprinted and pass a criminal background check
Reports to: Director of Business Operations
Job Location: Sacramento, CA
Starting Salary: DOE
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Hours/Week: 60 hrs/wk during season | 40 hrs/wk during off-season
Education: Bachelor’s degree required / MBA preferred
Years of Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience
Benefits Include: Employee benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 403B plan, and a significant paid time-off package
Read more here:: Idealist