Organization: UN Development Programme
Closing date: 25 Jun 2016
Job Title:Technical Officer, Adaado – Galmudug of Somalia Job Category: Specialist
Department/Group: Office of the President of Galmudug Location: Adaado Reporting Line: Primary Reporting Line: Reports to Office of the President Secondary Reporting Line: Team Leader/ Project Officer of UNDP State Formation and Building Project, Somalia Duration: 3 months (Renewable subject to performance & funding) Date: ASAP Position Type: Capacity Injection
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
Interim Galmudug Administration (GIA) based in Adado, is looking for qualified Somali nationals for the post of Technical Officer in various disciplines. Candidates from these disciplines are welcome to apply, and depending on qualifications, shall be selected for fellowship programme that relate either to the organization’s strategic activities or to administrative or technical functions. This Technical Officer aims to support LOA development plans on national cooperation related to development efforts. GIA LOA implementation plans and support creation of cohesive linkages between different actors: State, Private sector and civil society. The Technical Officer plans to offer guidance and assistance to LOA implementation in the Office of the President and other concerned institutions within Galmudug, support coordination and linkages with related international and national partners to support state building, peace and development agenda.
The Offices of the President and Deputy President, GIA plans to function for the benefit of developing planning, monitoring and linkages with relevant of relevant stability and development actors
- To better serve the GIA /Offices of the President and Ministry of planning and International Cooperation to facilitate LOA planning and implementation process.
- To support Linkages of GIA with national and international partners in the area of peace, development and security.
- To support promotion of good business practices and provide the best possible services to its members on a sustainable basis.
- To support collection, compiling and dissemination of statistical data and other information to facilitate planning and implementation process.
- To collaborate with national/regional partners, organizations, or bodies in order to foster mutually beneficial relationships in the LOA implementations.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS The role of the Technical Officer(s) is to be mainly provide guidance and support to GIA on project activities, technical issues and administrative procedures. The specific tasks that the adviser will undertake include:
- Plan and coordinate LOA activities
- Supports prepare work plans, procurement plans and budgets
- Supports financial reports review before submission to counterparts to ensure the transparent and accountable use of funds provided in the framework of the agreed agreements
- Supports LOA coordination and consolidation of project reports
- Support consultation processes to build ground for leadership trainings including women and youth
- Collate best practice and experiences and integrate them into project implementation
- Report on progress, lessons learned and advise on the way forward
The incumbent should:-
- Establish LOA reporting mechanisms for GIA
- Develop LOA implementation plan, in coordination with relevant ministries.
- Develop LOA capacity of the Offices of the President and MOPIC
- Provide an inception report, weekly, monthly progress reports and a final report. The inception report should cover the strategy and methodology of the officer to reach the objectives of the assignment. The progress reports are intended to monitor the progress of the strategy and methodology drawn in the inception phase.
- The inception report should be submitted not later than 15 working days after commencing the assignment
- The progress reports should be submitted on a monthly basis and this will be linked to the disbursement of the consultancy fees.
- The Final report should be submitted no than 30 days after end of assignment.
Bachelor’s degree (Minimum Requirement) Masters (preferable), University degree in Business Administration, Public Administration Development Management or related disciplines.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience in the area of finance, administration and project /operations management in a governmental, multilateral or civil society organization in a multi-cultural setting.
- Thorough knowledge of governance and public administration issues required.
- Understanding of the current economic, social and political dynamics of GIA is desirable.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to synthesize and clearly present complex processes and issues to service the information needs of diverse audiences;
- Ability to conduct results-based management and reporting
- Basic Gender Development Knowledge
- Results orientation and commitment to producing high-quality products;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Ability to support formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects;
- Ability to analyse the situation regarding gender and facilitate gender sensitivity activities
- Demonstrates outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and networking skills;
- Strong IT skills. Encourages the use of new technologies and strives for high standard of professional work;
- Strong inter-personal skills: Ability to motivate and inter-act with colleagues at all levels within the GIA as well as with inter-agency partners.
How to apply:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
WOMEN CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT