Posted by: Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA)
Los Angeles, CA, US
Classification Standards: Under supervision of the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) Manager, this position serves as a team leader and will be responsible for the successful operation and implementation of the Los Angeles CoC HMIS. This includes, but is not limited to, managing the HMIS vendor, streamlining and creating data maintenance procedures, facilitation of data extraction, and integration of data between HMIS platforms.
Areas of Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision of up to 8 data analysis staff.
- Implement, organize, and maintain efficient daily workflow across data analysis team
- Maintain ongoing communication and collaboration with the selected vendor.
- Manage all system tickets with the HMIS vendor, including creating project plans, managing ticket priorities, and communicating timelines to relevant parties.
- Design HMIS enhancements based on community and project needs.
- Query, analyze, and package HMIS data as needed for internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate system integration, conversion and programming modifications with participating organizations and programmers.
- Evaluate and maintain the level of data quality being exported from and imported into the LA/OC HMIS.
- Facilitate data mapping and transfer of data between HMIS platforms.
- Ensure that HMIS software and security incorporates the technical standards determined by HUD, the leadership team, the Collaborative, clients and participating organizations.
- Monitor and analyze system-level performance measures as defined by HUD.
- Coordinate, package, and submit national reports to HUD, such as the Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR) and Housing Inventory Count (HIC).
- Prepare reports and visualizations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Synthesize and communicate data and information to leadership
- Provide assistance with data and narratives for applications for funding
- Represent the HMIS project at technology-related meetings
- Dissemination of information regarding system updates, as mandated by HUD, to participating organizations.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of the Los Angeles CoC HMIS and data requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Excellent people skills, specifically a capacity for collaboration and interpersonal relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to express technical concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Expert problem solving, prioritization, and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize work load.
- Intermediate level of computer software programs specifically, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook).
- Minimum 1-3 years of analyzing business requirements, creating custom reports in SQL and SSRS.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field is strongly preferred; however an equivalent combination of applicable training and experience may be substituted for education requirement.
Other Desired Skills and Requirements:
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
LAHSA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Read more here:: Idealist