Posted by: Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA)
Los Angeles, CA, US
Classification Standards: Under supervision of the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) Manager, this position serves as a team leader and will be responsible for the design, development, delivery, and continuous improvement of training material of the LA/OC HMIS software. This position will also be responsible for maintaining a high quality customer support experience for our participating organizations in the Los Angeles County.
Areas of Responsibilities:
- Supervise the Training and Technical Support Team to ensure the highest level of satisfaction for users of our data systems.
- Ensure users receive consistent and reliable service.
- Develop and enforce training policies and standards.
- Contribute to the development of data quality protocols and troubleshooting documentation.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop and improve training and documentation.
- Implement quality assurance and improvement processes for training and technical support.
- Oversee the ticketing system to ensure staff resolves request in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure users are satisfied with updates and resolutions.
- Respond to technical support inquiries in a timely manner and serve as an escalation point for the team.
- Ensure all training materials are up-to-date.
- Design training programs for multiple formats (classroom, online, etc.).
- Determine additional user training needs through appropriate feedback mechanisms, including facilitation of user focus groups
- Implement customer satisfaction metrics to ensure exemplary service and user support.
- Manage all aspects of training coordination including monitoring and scheduling training courses.
- Work with IT to improve and update the training website and content.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the Los Angeles CoC HMIS and data requirements.
- Excellent people skills, specifically a capacity for collaboration and interpersonal relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to express technical concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Expert problem solving, prioritization, and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a training or customer support role
- Supervisory experience strongly desired
- BA/BS in Education, Training and Development, or a related subject matter; however an equivalent combination of applicable training and experience may be substituted for education requirement.
Other Desired Skills and Requirements:
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
Read more here:: Idealist