Posted by: Hispanic Federation
New York, NY, US
Hispanic Federation (HF) is the nation’s premier Latino nonprofit membership organization. Founded in 1990, HF seeks to support Hispanic families and strengthen Latino institutions through work in the areas of education, health, immigration, civic engagement, economic empowerment, and the environment. As a nonpartisan organization, Hispanic Federation has worked for over two decades to ensure that Latinos are not only registered to vote, but informed about the political process and their rights and responsibilities.
HF is hiring energetic individuals to be a part of our voter registration street team. We are looking for individuals to supervise HF’s & SYEP’s Street team members this summer.
Position Details: Temporary (July 5 – August 13, 2016)
Salary: $15 per hour, 30 hours/week
Start Date: Two hour training before official position start date. Training date TBD
Please use “Supervisor – Paid Canvasser” in the subject line.
Hiring Process: Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
• Travel to various locations to register voters in New York City
• Assist individuals in completing voter registration forms in English and Spanish
• Review voter registration applications for correctness and report results to Hispanic Federation upon request
• Report to the worksite on a daily basis
• Mentor, motivate, and educate as many as 12 HF & Alianza Dominicana Street team youth canvassers
• Deliver daily lessons on the importance of voting, from curriculum designed by Hispanic Federation
• Demonstrate leadership and service to the Hispanic/Latino community
• Excellent communication skills – bilingual in Spanish and English a plus
• Goal-oriented and dependable
• An outgoing, charismatic personality
• Experience working with and/or teaching youth ages 13-18
• Committed and goal-oriented
• Canvass experience is a plus
Read more here:: Idealist