Organization: ORBIS International
Closing date: 31 Oct 2016
As an essential member of the Orbis Flying Eye Hospital (FEH) team, the IT & Operations Coordinator facilitates the Flying Eye Hospital’s programs by managing the FEH network infrastructure and supporting the IT and operations needs of the FEH team. Additionally, the IT & Operations Coordinator assists clinical staff in the use of the Supply Chain Management system to track inventory and medical consumables usage. This position requires up to 45 weeks of worldwide travel per year, mostly to developing countries.
Due to the travel required, this role can be located anywhere in the world.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The IT & Operations Coordinator reports to the FEH Logistics and Administration Manager. S/he also works closely with the Senior Manager, Advanced Logistics, the FEH Finance and HR Administrator, and Audio Visual Specialist and liaises with all members of the Flying Eye Hospital team, as well as the IT & Communications team at the Orbis offices in New York and Hong Kong.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT:
- Perform routine maintenance of all network and server hardware.
- Configure and manage Active Directory user and computer objects within the FEH organizational unit.
- Install, troubleshoot and upgrade Microsoft Office Suite products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
- Set-up and support the FEH patient database using MS Access.
- Support the participant database system.
- Configure router/firewall appliance to facilitate VPN access to the ORBIS network, basic storage allocations through storage area networks (SAN), and video conference set-up between multiple subnets/firewalls.
- Establish internet connectivity on the FEH by using line-of-sight (Proxim) relay from host airport, by using mobile network or Satellite
- Diagnose and resolve IT issues including e-mail, Internet, and local-area network access problems. Troubleshoot hardware issues for all servers, clients, printers, network devices.
- Configure, and deploy FEH staff’s hardware, software and peripherals.
- Coordinate timely repair of equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Ensure Software Licenses are in place for applications used.
- Coordinate with Staff Ophthalmologists and FEH Program Manager to collect and integrate the Volunteer Faculty (VF) Lecture Notes with Audience Response System.
- Compile and submit pre and post test results of VF Lecture Notes to the FEH Medical Director and FEH Program Manager.
- Collect classroom participants’ feedback and submit it weekly to the FEH Medical Director and FEH Program Manager during each program.
- Scan and compile medical charts at the end of each program and send the soft copy and hard copy to the program administrator in New York.
- Setup and maintain a centralized Fixed Asset Inventory Database for IT, Audio Visual (AV) and Biomed.
- Work closely with IT team at ORBIS office in New York and Hong Kong.
Quality Assurance and On-Going Development:
- Keep up to date with trends and developments in relevant technologies and make recommendations to New York IT.
- As needed, procure peripherals and similar low value equipment. Procurement of laptops/workstations, software and other higher value items should be coordinated with Global IT.
- Carry out audits on FEH IT assets and network infrastructure and advice on required replacement of various hardware
INVENTORY AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT:
- Keep a list of all deployed laptops by hostname/serial numbers and track which users they are deployed to. Track any changes that occur.
- Input receipt of supplies into SCM system
- Gather the necessary information from designated FEH staff to compile and submit the Aircraft Operations and FEH fixed asset reports.
- Support the Logistics and Administration Manager and Senior Manager, Advanced Logistics with FEH logistics as needed, whether it is with hotels, transportation, airport etc.
- Provide back-up for the reconciliation of petty cash and the closing of the books.
- Assist in the daily cleaning, set-up and packing of the aircraft.
- Participate actively in fund raising events and goodwill tours on and off the plane and represent Orbis at social functions.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE**
- Min. 3-5 years network experience with MS Windows Server OS.
- MCSE, MC-ITP or equivalent a plus.
- Working knowledge of MS Active Directory, MS Exchange, SAN configuration and management, Wireless Networking and Technology and basic IT helpdesk support skills.
- Hands-on experience with common client hardware, Microsoft OS and Office software and network administration. Previous administrative work experience and/or project support experience.
- Experience with Linux will be advantageous.
- Experience with IP telephone system is advantageous.
- Prior experience working in a non-profit environment and/or international work experience is a plus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Superior level of computer literacy (Windows OS, MS Office, Windows Server, MS Exchange, SAN, and Internet).
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to interact effectively with people of diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Team oriented work style, with a pro-active, open-minded, and flexible approach.
- High level of professional integrity and discretion.
- Exceptional tolerance to stress: ability to function effectively in a demanding, fast-paced, and constantly changing work environment.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability and desire to travel to developing countries up to 10 months a year – including no significant disqualifying factors that would preclude approval of entry visas in the countries on the FEH travel schedule.
How to apply:
To apply, please click here.
Orbis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a global organization we welcome qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb