|Entity:||European Investment Bank|
|Deadline:||Friday 30th September 2016|
Does the European Union mean more to you than just a geographical region?
Do you have experience as a Project Manager, and some knowledge of JEE, Primefaces, EJB or ESB architecture?
Are you an IT professional who also feels attracted by the business side of the things?
If you have answered affirmative to these questions thinking “This is me!!!” we would love to get to know more about you. Let us first tell you who we are and why you should consider this opportunity.
Working at the EIB will bring you in contact with projects that make a significant contribution to growth and employment in Europe. You will be involved in the enablement and improvement of the investment, treasury and funding processes at the world’s largest volume multilateral lender and borrower.
By joining us as an IT Project Manager / Business Analyst within the Information Technology Department of the EIB, you could have an impact on many European projects such as:
- Wind power facilities in Austria and Denmark
- The Construction of Crossrail in London
- Supporting social housing in Belgium
- The expansion of Zagreb Airport
- The construction of a new hospital in Finland
- The modernisation of Ireland’s road network
Please do continue reading to know how you fit and apply for this position (1):
The Finance and Lending Applications Division (FLA) within the Information Technology Department at EIB is looking for IT Project Managers / Business Analysts (1) to manage and participate in internal software development projects.
The primary role of the FLA division is to support processes and data in the main business areas of the bank, in particular for the treasury, funding and investment activities. Both specialized packages and custom made applications are in use in these areas.
The custom made applications are developed using modern Java framework technologies (e.g. Hibernate, JSF). ESB architecture manages their integration within the IT landscape of the bank. Some of the applications have a strong link to the document management system based on MicroSoft SharePoint. Despite the Java based environment, some alternative technologies and components (scripting, office tools, calculation engines, external libraries) are used in specific cases.
The teams implementing and supporting custom made applications are looking for several experienced technical leads having a strong interest in project management, a good aptitude to synthetize business needs and a very good hands-on Java design and development background.
**What You Will Be Doing**
- Your main focus will be the management for medium and progressively larger projects, as well as their support and maintenance. This also includes supervision of assigned IT resources for the duration of the particular project and coordination with business users and other IT technical teams
- A good part of your efforts will be spent on analysis and structuring business needs as well as providing specialized advice to users on application systems, and on operational and functional problems
- It is also expected from you to propose and design technical solutions consistent with business requirements and IT architecture
**What Qualifications and Competencies do You Need for these Positions**
- University degree in Computer Science or related is required
- Must have at least 5 years of hands on Java architecture / design / development experience
- Recent experience or intention to switch to project management. Prince 2 or PMI certifications are a plus
- Strong interest in business analysis and requirements formalization, experience in the financial sector is a plus
- Analytical and pragmatic problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with staff at all organisational levels as well as with external staff
- Fluency in English, French is an advantage (2)
- Sense of responsibility; initiative, ability to work both independently and in a team
- Client focus
**What’s In It for You**
- Environment full of challenges
- Being part of an ethical and multicultural organization
- Work in a young and cheerful team
- Competitive salary and benefits (check out http://www.eib.org/about/jobs/remuneration-and-benefits.htm)
(1) This is a full time post.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract subject to organizational requirements and individual performance
(2) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank’s working languages
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability
Deadline for applications: 30th September 2016
Read more here:: EIB