Organization: Médecins Sans Frontières
Closing date: 01 Sep 2016
Job Brief: Responsible to develop, maintain, monitor and review HRM policies, regulations and accompanying tools regarding Compensation and Benefits (including function grid) within MSF-OCA. And support the HR staff in HQ and in the various missions.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. ‘Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland’ (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA is Responsible to develop, maintain, monitor and review HRM policies, regulations and accompanying tools regarding Compensation and Benefits (including function grid) within MSF-OCA. And support the HR staff in HQ and in the various missions ploys approximately 1,100 international staff and employs 7,000 national staff.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 250 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
In beginning 2014 MSF-OCA created within its HR department the unit HR specialists and field support. The main purpose of this unit is to establish, maintain and improve HR standards within the organisation, while supporting the field with the professionalization of HR management in the mission countries. This is done to ensure that we are able to fulfil our social mission.
With immediate effect our Human Resources Management department is looking for a
Reward Specialist (80>100%)
Based in Amsterdam
The Reward Specialist collaborates with the PHR adviser, Learning & development department OCA, Pool managers OCA, HRO’s OCA, HR application manager, HRCO’s, HR office to develop, maintain, monitor and review HRM policies, regulations and accompanying tools on performance management, talent management and succession planning within MSF-OCA. The Reward Specialist is responsible to develop, maintain, monitor and review HRM policies, regulations and accompanying tools regarding Compensation and Benefits (including function grid) within MSF-OCA. And support the HR staff in HQ and in the various missions with the implementation and execution.
With regards to Compensation and Benefits (including function grid):
- Translates MSF-OCA strategic plans into suitable HR policies, guidelines and tooling, in line with Intersectional MSF frame applicable, regulations, professional knowledge and field feasibility factors.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge and proposes improvements based upon this knowledge.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the delegated HRM topics and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Coordinates implementation and provides HR advisors and HRCO’s with the necessary communication and implementation tooling to ensure an effective implementation process.
- Ensures where needed the engagement of other units/departments and coordinates collaboration.
- Reviews existing HRM policies regularly and proposes improvement based upon these reviews and the monitoring findings.
- Is knowledge provider and point of contact for the HR Helpdesk on all questions regarding the delegated HRM topics. Connects with third parties if necessary.
- Advises on deviations regarding the delegated HRM topics.
- Develops and maintains reporting structures to meet management information needs within OCA and the field.
- Monitors implementation and execution of the HRM policies and reports to HR advisors, HRCO’s and OM’s on the findings, accompanied with advice for improvements.
- Is the content owner on the training modules on the delegated subjects and facilitates trainings on request.
- In close collaboration with the HR Business Intelligence Unit, gathers and analyses Field HR information to design future HRM joint strategies for the Field.
- Represents MSF-OCA in the technical platform regarding the development and maintenance of a compensation and benefit framework and the function grid for field staff covering the worldwide MSF family (5 operational sections).
- University Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or alike or a combination of relevant experience and education
- Essential 2 year working experience in a similar HR role.
- Consolidated experience in HR Management and project management.
- Proficient English
- Proficient Office package computer commands (word, outlook etc.);
- Use of excel at expert level (reporting, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic HR management tools (FG, JD, appraisals, etc.);
- Knowledge of humanitarian contexts.
- Extensive Knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices on delegated HR topics.
- Knowledge of labor laws, -regulations, case law, principles, and practices related to delegated HR topics.
- Availability to travel (10% of time estimated)
- Degree in the area of compensation and benefits.
- Experience in MSF.
- French and Dutch commands
- Strategic vision
- Planning and Organizing
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Analytical Thinking
- Results and Quality Orientation
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment
- A contract for one year with a renewal option (subject to satisfactory performance) based on a fulltime appointment (40 hours/week).
- A gross monthly salary between €2,650 and €3,786 depending on professional experience, based on a fulltime appointment
- Other benefits include 30 holidays based on a fulltime appointment and a premium-free pension plan
How to apply:
INFORMATION & APPLICATION
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact Merel Olgers, Personnel Advisor on tel. +31 (0)20 520 8537.
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via the ‘Apply’ button. Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
Deadline for application is 01/09/2016
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT