Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 26 Oct 2016
Knowledge Manager and Liaison, Afghanistan Reconstruction
Trust Fund (ARTF), Afghanistan
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In November 2015 MSI was awarded a three-year contract to conduct third party monitoring (TPM) of Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) projects for the World Bank. The ARTF-TPM program was put in place to meet a number of objectives:
- Given an increasingly challenging security environment, the TPM program provides critical data from the field as input to the World Bank’s implementation support and GoA line ministries’ own monitoring systems. The TPM program provides data on nationwide project sites, including asset verification and quality assurance, where World Bank staff are not always able to systematically visit the sites of geographically widely disbursed projects.
- The TPM program provides additional evidence that World Bank-funded programs are being implemented correctly, provides assurance to donors, focusing on infrastructure quality assurance and social and environmental safeguards, gender issues and select financial/fiduciary aspects.
- The Supervisor Agent (SA) provides GoA line ministries with project monitoring and data collection support and shows how such practices could improve GoA project performance and results. This also helps strengthen GoA line ministries’ own monitoring programs. The SA reports directly to the World Bank, but also works closely with GoA line ministries responsible for project implementation at local and central levels.
Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position.**
The On Farm Water Management Project/Irrigation Restoration and Development Project (OFWMP/IRDP) Knowledge Manager & Liaison will assist the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) & Ministry of Energy and Water (MEW) understand and effectively utilize World Bank Project Data Collected by MSI’s Partners in the field as well as track the Ministries use of field data and report on the level of utilization to the World Bank. The Knowledge Manager will also provide data collection and utilization training to the MAIL/MEW and document their monthly accomplishments. Together with MSI Program Compliance Manager and Team Lead, the knowledge Manager will also examine and analyze OFWMP/IRDP data collection within the scope of the ARTF ll Monitoring Program for Patterns not identified by the Monitoring and reporting teams. The results of this analytical work will be documented in quarterly reports to the donor and the respective ministries.
The position will be embedded in the MAIL (2 days) and MEW (3 days), but will be required to attend ad hoc and regularly scheduled ARTF Monitoring program-related meetings at the MSI-CTTC Compound.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- In collaboration with the OFWMP/IRDP team in Kabul and in the field, plan monthly World Bank OFWMP/IRDP subproject site visits to be conducted by MSI and CTTC field staff.
- Act as the ARTF Monitoring program data and knowledge focal point within the OFWMP/IRDP.
- Gather and input all OFWMP/IRDP Monitoring –related document from the OFWMP/IRDP into the ARTF Monitoring program database.
- Provide timely data and knowledge management support to OFWMP/IRDP staff.
- Provide timely feedback, when needed to MSI and CTTC field Missions.
- Assist in the monthly transfer of MSI-CTTC site visit report from the ARTF Monitoring program database into the OFWMP/IRDP Management Information System (MIS).
- Provide relevant support to the CTTC Project Managers and MSI Team Lead before, during and after monthly OFWMP/IRDP learning and adaptation workshop.
- Under direction of the MSI Team Lead and together with specialists at MSI HQ, Conduct data-driven, utilization-focused analysis of information collected in the field in service of identifying patterns not immediately recognized by MSI, Partners and GoA ministries.
- Prepare and submit timely, concise and comprehensive monthly quarterly and annual reports and supporting graphics (i.e. maps charts, etc) documenting the ministries team’s utilization of OFWMP/IRDP data provide by MSI and the CTTC.
- Other related duties assigned by MSI Managements.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum five (5) years’ work experience in vertical structure, hydro structure, canals.
- Demonstrable experience in performing QA of construction project sites, writing technical reports, noting deficiencies and variances from project specifications and drawings, comparing actual progress with project schedules and plans, and recommending steps to be taken for improving construction methods and promoting timely completion.
- Familiarity with industry-standard GPS equipment. Capable of reading maps and construction drawings.
- Documented proficiency in spoken and written English, Pashto, and Dari.
Should possess good communication skills. Candidates with proficiency (i.e. better speaking, reading and writing skills) in English, as well as the national languages Pashto and Dari, will be given preference.
Candidates should possess tactfulness, enthusiasm towards his assigned tasks, good human relationship skills, integrity, honesty, and the ability to work under pressure to accomplish work tasks within assigned given time periods.
Knowledge of and the ability to travel throughout the project location area is vital to accomplishing the duties for the position. Preference will be given to local candidates.
All MSI personnel who work in Afghanistan must be physically able: (i) to function for extended periods of time wearing personal protective body armor weighing approximately 35 pounds and a helmet weighing approximately 5 pounds; (ii) to walk comfortably over rough terrain; and (iii) to ascend up to six flights of stairs on a daily basis. Candidates will be required to provide medical certification to MSI’s satisfaction of the absence of any conditions that might impair a candidate’s ability to meet these requirements.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/zy987ff65t
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb