Closing date: 04 Oct 2016
Chemonics seeks a public outreach advisor for the USAID-funded Afghanistan Public Financial Management (APFM) project. AFPM is supporting the Afghanistan government in improving fiscal sustainability and in enabling delivery of essential services to citizens by strengthening its ability at the national and subnational levels to mobilize domestic revenue and more effectively manage its budget. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Review and write a concise report (Task 1) summarizing existing government asset management systems, software, policies, legislation, and procedures drawing on available documentation, studies and meetings with relevant government officials and stakeholders; and identify divergences between international best practice and the Afghan context
- Agree on the functionality and specifications of an asset management information system and software (Task 2) that would represent a solution to the government’s asset management requirements, based on the results of Task 1 and in cooperation with the primary budget unit, the selected pilot ministries, relevant Afghan officials, and stakeholders
- Working with relevant government officials and stakeholders, agree and delineate the development path (Task 3) from existing systems and procedures to implementation of the recommended solution obtained from Task 2, including scenarios that would encompass pessimistic, moderate, and optimistic views on the timing of implementation based on factors such as availability of resources, government commitment, necessary procedural and legal changes, and contracting and implementation lead times
- Document in a report the findings and results from Tasks 2 and 3
- Education in accounting, economics, IT, public finance, or a related discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum 15 years of applied experience in managing government/corporate assets, and/or developing asset management systems and software, aligned with best practice
- International experience in successfully leading or contributing to multidisciplinary teams involved in delivery of technical assistance for public financial management or assets management reform in transitional or developing countries
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of international best practice for asset management systems
- Knowledge and proficiency in standard Microsoft Office desktop applications
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English
How to apply:
Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com by October 4, 2016. Please include “Public Outreach Advisor” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only “Public Outreach Advisor” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb