Posted by: Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City
New York, NY, US
About BBBS of NYC
For over 110 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City (BBBS of NYC) has been supporting New York City’s youth, providing them with the support and guidance of a one-to-one mentorship, which is overseen by the agency’s team of program managers. Since 1904, BBBS of NYC has remained committed to serving children and youth with impactful mentoring experiences. We reach over 4,000 students every year through partnerships with schools, local organizations, and government agencies. Together we work towards our vision: that all children achieve success in life.
Our mission is to provide children facing adversity in New York City with strong and enduring, professionally supported 1-to-1 mentoring relationships with adults that change their lives for the better, forever. We partner with families, volunteers, organizations and the community to inspire positive change in all.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC seeks a service oriented Associate Program Manager to join our proven evidenced-based, community-based mentoring program. Associate Program Managers are responsible for facilitating high quality, high impact relationships between mentor-mentee pairs. The ideal candidate has case management experience and is a dynamic communicator with a desire to learn more about how mentoring has the power to change lives. Responsibilities include supporting mentoring relationships between adult volunteers and youth; advising mentors, mentees and parents through on-going support and supervision; facilitating group activities that promote stronger mentoring relationships and support youth goal achievement; providing resources and referrals to youth, volunteers, and parents; and conducting intake interviews and assessments of youth applying to the program.
- Supervise a caseload of clients and volunteers to achieve mutually successful mentoring experiences.
- Provide on-going in person and phone supervision and support to mentors, mentees and parents.
- Maintain professional records of all supervision contacts. Monitor closely for safety, program compliance, goal achievement and program satisfaction; immediately address and resolve issues that may arise.
- Regularly evaluate youth clients based on agency guidelines and specific program goals to assess outcomes.
- Lead educational and recreational group activities and/or special projects for mentoring pairs and parents based on emerging needs.
- Act as advocate for youth and families including information and referral, crisis intervention, and short term counseling.
- Conduct client and parent psychosocial interviews, write assessments and collect supporting information from collaborating agencies, schools, etc. to determine disposition based on eligibility, needs, goals, and/or acceptance for agency services.
- Conduct outreach presentations to external community agencies for appropriate client referrals.
- Identify and communicate qualitative and quantitative success within the organization.
- Perform other agency and program related duties as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Experience: 2 years’ experience working with youth preferred; case management experience preferred
- Commitment to helping children achieve success in life
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups
- Ability to provide effective interviewing, assessment and case management skills
- Ability to comply with applicable child safety requirements
- Ability to promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful mentoring environment that embraces diversity
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage caseloads and effectively work with clients
- Must be proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Bilingual skills a plus in Cantonese and Spanish
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance package
- 15 paid vacation days year 1, 20 paid vacation days year 2 and after, 12 sick days, 3 personal days and 11 paid holidays
- 403b Retirement employer contribution
- Training and Professional Development opportunities
Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability with respect to employment opportunities. EO/AA Employer.
Read more here:: Idealist