Posted by: Aga Khan Foundation USA
Washington, DC, US
Aga Khan Foundation USA
Associate, Resource Development
About Aga Khan Foundation USA
Established in 1981, AKF USA is a private, non-denominational, non-profit international development organization committed to alleviating poverty, hunger, disease and illiteracy, primarily in Africa and Asia. Its mission is to strengthen the capacity of grassroots communities to solve their own problems and to promote opportunities that lead to long-term improvements in their income, health, education and the sustainability of local institutions and the environment. The Foundation supports community-based programs in the areas of health, education, rural development and civil society. Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org), a group of 11 private development agencies working to empower communities and individuals, often in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities, especially in Africa and Asia.
AKF USA is seeking to hire an Associate, Resource Development to bring an entrepreneurial and innovative approach to lead AKF USA’s fundraising campaigns, including peer-to-peer fundraising strategies, corporate fundraising strategies, lapsed donor recovery, targeted digital campaigns, drip marketing and donor stewardship. The person in this role will develop and achieve metrics-based goals to support AKF USA’s fundraising targets. This person will use the web, email, social media, and traditional fundraising methods to develop and implement fundraising campaigns, and identify innovative tactics to increase the foundation’s base of support. This person will work with AKF’s Resource Development Officer for Events. This position reports to the Director, Resource Development and Volunteer Engagement.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and implement targeted fundraising campaigns using traditional and digital means (email, drip marketing, web, social media) including peer-to-peer fundraising strategies, corporate fundraising strategies, lapsed donor recovery, promoting corporate matching gifts, increasing EFTs, creating donor and volunteer engagement surveys, and other such campaigns.
- Enhance and manage implementation of the Foundation’s donor stewardship strategy.
- Develop and execute a strategic fundraising plan grounded in achievable short- and long-term goals that are SMART.
- Work collaboratively with and guide the Foundation’s volunteer teams across the country to implement fundraising campaigns.
- Utilize audience segmentation and data analysis to set and drive strategy and to report to Director.
- Create compelling content to share with prospective donors/sponsors, including emails and web content, calls to action and fundraising appeals.
- At least three years of experience developing, executing, and analyzing fundraising campaigns.
- Knowledge of best practices in traditional and digital fundraising, and volunteer. engagement.
- Experience working with highly motivated and creative volunteers.
- Experience implementing donor stewardship plans.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Experience working with CRM software such as netForum and email marketing software such as Luminate.
- Basic graphic design and editing skills, ideally with experience in Adobe Photoshop a plus.
- Knowledge of the donor landscape in international development a plus.
BEHAVIORS AND ATTITUDES
Among AKF USA’s core values are respect for human dignity, compassion, self-reliance, tolerance and openness. The organization is interested in individuals whose behaviors reflect these values, who are dedicated to fulfilling the AKF USA mission, and who demonstrate integrity, honesty and are dedicated to serving humanity. In addition, the ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to take initiative, communicate clearly, act with positive intent and encouragement towards others, and be responsive to new ideas and innovations.
Read more here:: Idealist