Posted by: Center for Employment Opportunities
Oakland, CA, US
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) is a nationally recognized, data-driven, dynamic nonprofit organization dedicated to providing immediate, effective and comprehensive employment services to men and women with recent criminal convictions. Having been proven to reduce recidivism through a random assignment evaluation, CEO has been expanding into several jurisdictions in California. CEO’s first expansion site, Oakland, was launched in August 2011 as a pilot project called Golden State Works (GSW). Of note, CEO’s growth in California is assisted by the San Francisco-based non-profit REDF, an organization committed to scaling social enterprises (www.redf.org).
The Business Account Manager position is key to CEO’s achieving its annual placement outcomes. The Business Account Manager has two overarching responsibilities: 1) establishing new employer relationships and maintaining pre-existing relationships with employers to secure valid and unsubsidized employment opportunities for CEO participants in Oakland, Bay Area and 2) effectively matching CEO participants with unsubsidized employment.
Essential Functions Statements
These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the job functions required for this role.
• Establish relationships with businesses to develop job opportunities for CEO participants.
• Pre-plans development activities to ensure the identification of opportunities to meet contractual obligations.
• Screens and matches CEO participants with employment opportunities based on their skills, work experience, related training and interests..
• Schedules daily prospecting/cold calls and face-to-face meetings with employers.
• Achieves weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual placement goals as prescribed and in accordance with CEO contractual obligations.
• Documents, consistently and accurately, in real time, all participant and employer contact, activities and outcomes into CEO’s computerized case management system (Salesforce).
• Customizes participants’ resumes to fit identified opportunities.
• Acts as the liaison among employers, CEO teams and CEO’s criminal justice partners.
• Identifies and develops a strategic service plan that serves both the employers’ hire and CEO’s placement needs.
• Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities that will be assigned from time to time.
Job-Specific Competency Statements
• Sales Ability — Ability to effectively network with others and influence them to change position and/or to convince them to hire individuals with criminal convictions.
• Analytical Thinking — Ability to anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to deal with them as well as evaluate and implement alternative courses of action.
• Persistence — Ability to continue a course of action in the face of adversity.
• Energetic — Ability to bring and sustain considerable stamina and vigor to all aspects of the work.
Skills to be Learned on the Job: 1) Job matching; 2) Salesforce navigation, especially to generate leads and target employers; 3) knowledge of state employer incentives and other incentive programs.
Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in an inside or outside sales function, including account management experience. Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle and proposing, presenting and discussing a product with decision-makers. Successful track record of achieving and exceeding sales/prospecting quotas on a regular basis. Proven ability to effectively manage client relationships. Ability to report to management clearly and in a timely manner on sales activities.
We invite you to visit us at www.ceoworks.org to learn more about our history of successfully helping formerly incarcerated men and women find employment as well as about our expansion efforts.
CEO is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
EOE M/F/D Veterans encouraged to apply
CEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to a diverse workplace.
Read more here:: Idealist